Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, This Is My 1st Alfa, I Have A '96 GTV Coupe 2.0 TS And I Love Her :nuts:

Anyhoo.. My Dash And Center Console Backlights Are Constantly Going Brighter, Dimmer, Brighter, Dimmer Etc..
I've Worked Out I Have The Button You Hold To Adjust The Brightness But This Feels Fine.

Anyone Else Had This Problem ? Any Help Appriciated.

Thanks

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

The thing to do is probably to pop out the panel with the button and unplug it. Then if the problem continues, you'd need to check that the wiring hasn't become trapped under the instrument cluster (by a screw etc.) that might be shorting it to ground. Seems unlikely but stranger things have happened ;)

If the problem goes away with unplugging, then the button must be stuck or the switch faulty - I expect with some surgery it could be fixable.

-Alex

Reactions: Stixy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi AlexGS, Thanks For Your Answer And You Where Spot On :thumbup:
Took The Cover Off And It Was All Good, So Replaced The Switch And She's Now A Beaut

Thanks Again :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Nice to have a happy ending - thank you for updating us.

On a related note, my trip meter sometimes resets itself (seemingly after a bump in the road), so I probably have a similar problem. I'm aware that the trip meter button on some of these cars is a push on/push off switch - it has to be pushed twice to leave it 'off' - otherwise it resets every time the ignition goes on. The quirks we face! ;)

-Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts