Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it 2 weeks my QV just noticed part of the dash underneath Steering Wheel has come apart any one else had this ? Called the dealer but being 370k's away not much help.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
It was the first thing I mentioned to the dealer when I got my QV delivered. Basically it is flimsy and split like that, as it has airbags underneath for your knees. I would prefer the airbags, especially in the QV :)

P

·
0 Posts
It is meant to be like that... Its to accommodate the steering wheel that can be adjusted and for the "kneebags"

Dont be so quick to jump to the conclusion that an Alfa will just fall apart.... :tut:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks lads :), was a guy at work who spotted it, been copping it about buying a Alfa from Aussies as they only buy Fords or Holdens up here in Cairns :) and anything less than 6 Cylinders they question your manhood :lol:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
It was the first thing I mentioned to the dealer when I got my QV delivered. Basically it is flimsy and split like that, as it has airbags underneath for your knees. I would prefer the airbags, especially in the QV :)
+1

I got in the car to leave the dealer and noticed it.
I went back inside to find the salesman & to look at the others in the showroom and they ware all the same.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks lads :), was a guy at work who spotted it, been copping it about buying a Alfa from Aussies as they only buy Fords or Holdens up here in Cairns :) and anything less than 6 Cylinders they question your manhood :lol:
Play up to it. Start drinking wine and eating Pasta, tell them you are living 'la dolce vita' and remind them that the Mafia drive Alfas! :cool:

P

·
0 Posts
You mean down there in Cairns :cheese:

In SA its the VW and Toyota that everyone buys here... :vomit:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Play up to it. Start drinking wine and eating Pasta, tell them you are living 'la dolce vita' and remind them that the Mafia drive Alfas! :cool:
I already am :) just got to plan a hit and some illegal tobacco sales might get their repsect

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
how are they going to feel now the BMW 328i is a 1.9l turbo four instead of a 2.8l straight six? they probably think the world has come to an end

oh, and BMW get 245bhp from 1997cc = 9say) 122.7 bhp/litre. Alfa get ... slightly more per litre ;-) and lie slightly less about fuel economy than BMW do :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Falcon will soon be a Taurus, and GM looking at ditching Holden full stop. Days of the big sixes and eights all but over. And to be fair Commodore and Falcon owners generally are a bit small in the manhood department, so it's not really their fault.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts