Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Dash cam/reverse camera wiring

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gapalmer 
#1 ·
Has anyone connected up a rear camera so it triggers when engaging reverse gear?

Wondering where I can connect this to easily, it doesn't need a power source as I've already done this

TIA

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
The reverse light wiring is easily accessible once boot trim is off,not sure if it upsets the can bus by tapping off the actual wiring though?
On my 159 when I fitted a double din with reverse cam etc the connects 2 kit had reverse trigger on it,I read you need to use that rather than direct to reverse wire as it caused can bus problems. No idea if that is the case though as never tried.

#5 · (Edited)
The CAN system should have a reverse trigger as part of the stereo wiring loom, along with the handbrake line.

Plemty of comments about the reverse line not being a 'clean' supply so subject to issues.

My reverse cam is wired to ignition live behind stereo, and earthed to existing earth point on the boot, the switching on my HU is connected to the CAN reverse feed - it means the camera is always live, when ignition is on, but so far no issues!

#6 ·
Same but annoyingly mine has stopped working, I'm wondering if the adaptor is at fault as I've already had to find another power source for the radio, the old one coming from the adaptor only shows about 3v now, the reverse feed does change voltage when reverse is engaged though.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.