Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone!

Last night I was driving home my 33 and in a certain moment I realized the dash area was to dark (darker than normal), than I see that the 4 square buttons in both sides of the steering wheel (fog light, back glass resistance, the emergency indicators, and bumper lights) were to dark, with the lights on, I could not see their symbols, normally the symbols should light up when you turn the lights on. Of course the buttons them self do their functions if pressed and the small light turns on if the button is in use, but just their symbols have gone and they want light up, when lights are on, to show where the buttons are...

Two days ago I was bothering around with the cigarette lighter as it wasn't doing the job properly and by mistake the screwdriver touched both + and -, nothing serious the cigarette lighter works fine, but its light doesn't work aether. I checked its little bulb and it was burned.

Is it possible that it might have caused the same problem to the 4 dash buttons???

Where to start checking??? All fuses are OK, already checked.
It is strange they died all 4 together...!
If the symbol lights are gone, can they be replaced if the buttons are out. Never needed to change them so I have some luck of experience in this case...

Thank you in advance,

Elvis

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't have time to check, but from memory I think they should be a lot tricky to open and repair. What kind of bulbs do they use for lighting up the symbols? Are they the same as the dash clock?...

I hate the darkness in the driving area now. I feel kind of lost at night when I can't see anymore the symbols and the dashboard looks so ''poor''.

Keep thinking

Regards
Elvis

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I've opened switches in my series 2 to replace the lights, but series 3 switches might be different.

I think you want to check the fuses again, or unplug a switch and use a multimeter to try to measure for the resistance of the bulb, or measure the wiring loom plug for the accessory power which drives the switch light when the headlights are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts