Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it any good as my budget(wife) won't stretch to 150 for the pro?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Can't help on the DAS6 but I've got the Megs G220v2 which is their equivalent and not much in them by all accounts.

I found it to be a great tool and more than capable of shifting defects but equally perfectly safe in untrained hands.

I found the Megs microfibre system to be brilliant, and had some great results with it.

There is loads of really helpful tutorials and tips on YouTube and Detailing World.

The crux of it is it's more about technique that tools.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yes, a Das6 will be fine especially on soft Alfa clearcoat. It may take a little longer to correct defects because it has a weaker motor and no forced rotation but its certainly up to the job.
Pad and compound choice will also make a big difference. The Meguiars microfiber pads are very good or theres also the Flexipads Hexalogic pads (use orange for cutting, green for polishing and black for finishing). I still like Meguiars M105 & M205 compounds.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Running a Das6pro with Hexlogic pads cant fault it, buddys got a das6 and theres not much difference between them bar a little bit of power. Worth shopping around though try some detailing forums for a discount code etc. I know you can get a das6pro on cleanyourcar for sub £100 pound if you can find a code.

Also works well with a denim pad for pesky orange peel...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts