Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
They sold an Mg 6 last year.Seriously, google the sales figures.But then would you know where to buy one anyway? A bit like Alfa really.
I have a dealer in Wigan which is about 15-20 miles away. Having owned a Rover 25 I am still a member on an MGR forum. The sales figures are a bit crap to say the least. I believe it is not marketed well or even at all, which I'm sure would help. I think MG UK had a low target of 2000 cars which they have missed by a mile.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Apart from its rather generic American ass, that Dart doesn't look too bad. At least it rectifies the problem I have with the Giuliettas' front-end styling; the headlamps are "horizontal" rather than "vertical", if you see what I mean. Remember, Chrysler/Dodges' last effort in this class of car was the Neon...

With regard to MG, they sold a total of 360 cars in the UK last year. In December they managed to shift 111, which was two more than Chrysler. Probably a load of pre-registrations before the year-end.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Yeas... it's neat and tidy. Sometimes I can see Fiat Bravo in there.. but that's nothing bad really.

If the dynamics and the price are both reasonable, it'll sell one or two.. and that's good for us on here, isn't it?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
With regard to MG, they sold a total of 360 cars in the UK last year. In December they managed to shift 111, which was two more than Chrysler. Probably a load of pre-registrations before the year-end.
I think Avis purchased quite a few MG6's in December.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Don't like it at all. Typically a US car trying to look a bit Euro.:rolleyes:

Mind you, if the americans like it and it sells, it may mean a bit more in the Alfa bank but I fear SM has other ideas with regard to where the money will go.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
No.. it would be a Giulietta saloon.. (and why not? :D)

The Giulia doesn't use that platform, so Dart can't be made into one.

Ralf S.
The Giulia doesn't "use" any platform as yet because they are only at prototype stage, but it is intended to use yet another version of the same C-Evo platform that underpins Giulietta (and soon Fiat Bravo) and Dart in modified form, but with a bit more stretch. The architecture is the same as it was always designed as a modular platform.
If the economic situation does not improve it could well be that AR change plans and use the Dart platform rather than trying to upsize the 159 replacement, given that the Dart fits the present 159 dimensions. Fiat are all too well aware that in global sales terms the 159 was a turkey and its unlikely they generated much in the way of profit from the car after you factor in the development costs. The Giulia will have to be better than the competition because by the time it has been launched the game will have moved on again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts