Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then,

Earlier on I was watching a re-run on Dave of that large bloke Tom Ford (I think?) driving around the BMW 645i.

There was one bit where he had the car boot up and we saw the car from the side. In my opinion it looked MUCH better without that absolutely awful wedge boot point on.

So I set to work and did a bit of creative photo shop editing to show you what I mean.

Here is the car as standard:

And here it is after I edited out that horrid boot lid:

What do you reckon? Have I or have I not made the car look 'slightly' better just by undoing what BMW thought looked good?

Hmm, maybe it looked a little bit too Porsche like for BMW without that horrible wedge wood add on stuck on the back, but to me, it looks way better.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I like the style of the 6, personally I like cars that have a hard edge like the standard boot, it sort of 'finishes it off'. A bit like the chopped off look of the GTV.

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
Does look a bit Porsche..

And what's with the great big chromes? :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I personally like the origional best with maybe a small spoiler on it. Your efforts on the puter are very good but looks the spit of a Porche.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The whole thing is astronomically hideous I'm afraid :/

Good effort, but no amount of remedial work can fix the 6 series, I suggest starting again ;)

·
Registered
38,250 Posts
It still looks awful. The droopy face of the 6 series also looks hideous from most angles.

The only nice car Bangle has designed was the Fiat Coupe, and even then he had people like Andrea's Zaptinas (Who designed the Barchetta) toning down his "Artwork"

The original sketches looked quite hideous.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Darren, you've removed the bootlid :lol: So now there is a gaping whole in the back of that car :lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Shopping'll get wet !!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think it makes it look a lot better, a lot more like a sporty coupe, but it does look almost identical to a Porsche back end.

·
Registered
38,250 Posts
Jesus !!! What was he thinking.. :rolleyes:
It just goes to show how much he really knows about style doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Imagine what would have happened if he had a free reign, like at BMW.

And he has a chin strap beard :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts