Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I witnessed a couple of teenagers steeling my neighbour's bike from outside his house. I challenged these kids and they legged it with the bike.

So I called the police. I told them what the looked like, what they were wearing, where they were headed etc. All the police wanted to know was my name address, age, and my ethnic background!!!!

They said they would have someone deal with it immediately.

I followed these kids on my bike and phoned the police again when no one turned up to look for them.

I then lost them as soon as the all the schools finished for the day and hundreds of kids on bikes filled my local town!!! (heres to the school cycle scheme!)

So I took a long ride round to see if i could find them again but to no avail.

I then went home.

About 30 minutes after I got home I had a phone call from the local constabulary to ascertain that the bike had been stolen and to find out the name and address of the people the bike had been stolen from!!!

Apparently until this has been established and the owner has reported the bike stolen they cannot issue a crime number and therefore not act on it!!!! :confused:

They hadn't lifted a finger to go and look for these kids and as yet because my neighbour isn't home from work and found his bike stolen, in there eyes a crime hasn't been committed!!!!

Heres to west Mercia Constabulary!!!

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::mad::mad::mad:

Rant over!!!

I open the floor for comments!!!

H

·
0 Posts
Apparently until this has been established and the owner has reported the bike stolen they cannot issue a crime number and therefore not act on it!!!! :confused:

They hadn't lifted a finger to go and look for these kids and as yet because my neighbour isn't home from work and found his bike stolen, in there eyes a crime hasn't been committed!!!!
And here's how Politicians can keep telling us that crime is falling in Britain today. They can even back it up with 'statistical proof'.

Wonderful aint it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked what would have happened had i performed a citizens arrest.!!!

She said she wouldn't advise it and it would have been escalated to a level 1 what ever that means.

(Probably i would have been arrested for assault and bike returned to the thief)!!!

·
Super Moderator
60,007 Posts
Hmm not good,:( here the police (RCMP) arrive quickly.

My son's car was being broken into, it was bedtime and I hadn't noticed the 2 thugs on bikes with their backpacks out on the front road but my neighbour did and called it in. The police arrived very quickly and chased them down. They didn't get anything from the car, it was a real beater but they had gotten in. I looked out when the police arrived (quietly too).

I guess it depends on how busy it is at the time?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Makes you wonder doesn't it. I reported three kids jumping on the roof of a car one saturday night about 3 weeks ago. It took the police ages to show up by which time the kids had gone. It took them so long because......My local police station closes at the weekend. Bearing in mind this isn't a hamlet, it's a sizable town, I think it's pathetic. All we get at the weekends are boy racers doing the circuit our the front, hand brake turns out the back, and people smashing windows in the high street. The answer? Close the police station. On the bright side statistics show less crime. Great.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Last year when a yob threw a garden chair through my back window I followed him in the car (there was actually a group of about six of them, on foot) and kept an open line to the police until they arrived. 20 minutes later a "community copper" or whatever they're called arrived - on a bicycle. This is despite the fact there are two police stations, including the main one, both less than a mile from where the incident happened.

Anyway I pointed out the one responsible, some 200 yards up the road, a fairly averaged sized kid of about 17-18, but the community cop decided to question two nearby youngsters who were totally unconnected with the incident, which we were about a mile away from by now - only he knows why - while the guilty party wandered off unchallenged. I phoned the police again and refused to hang up until a proper officer arrived with the means to arress and cart off this yob. Meantime I followed him at a safe distance on foot.

Another 10 minutes later the police finally arrived and arrested him - apparently for breaking his curfew, not for breaking my car window. This is what they told me when they took my statement. I persisted and eventually was charged, but got off with a conditional discharge despite failing to appear in court. I was told I would have to take out a civil case if I wanted to reclaim the £80 it cost me to get the window fixed. But hey-ho, never mind eh, another successful result to add the the statistics.

Is it any wonder they behave like this when there is virtually no punishment? :mad:

V

·
0 Posts
they were probably to busy trying to catch speeding alfa's on the motorway :rolleyes:

although a similar sort of thing happened about 9 months ago on our road.

i was out but mrs v6 at home noticed a transit parked in our road (its a cul-de-sac so strange vehicles are easily spotted) 3 fellas jump out the front and 2 out the back, bang, smash, they are in one of houses across the road. they are emptying it as fast as they can, obviously mrs v6 is on the phone to the police at this point. they arrived very very quickly and in droves (4 cars and a van) caught the thieving scumbags red handed and now they have probably learned their lesson and back on the streets helping grannies cross the road :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
My car was broken into a few years back. I didn't discover it until the morning - door forced and radio cassette stolen. I reported it to the police because I think if you don't, the offical crime statistics look a lot better than they really are.

Anyway, a couple of hours later this policewoman turned up. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to get far. But she glanced at the car and said she would check it for fingerprints. "We might get lucky" she said. But first she wanted to take my fingerprints "for elimination". Being a gullible fool I willingly agreed. After all, I'm no criminal and have nothing to hide. So she very carefully took my prints. Having done this, we both went back outside to my car. Again she glanced at it, but then suddenly said "oh no I can't take prints off that" and with that she was gone. Disappeared like a scolded cat. So now I'm on a big brother fingerprint database just because my car got broken into.

To add insult to injury, a few months later a yob was arrested after the police chased a stolen car. To try and make his sentence shorter, he admitted a string of car crimes, including mine. I put in a claim against him for the cost of repairing my car (much to the amusement of the police). The court let him off and my claim went straight in the bin. Apparently he was a drug addict who stole to fund his habit. I guess that means he was classed as vulnerable and I was classed as the nasty mean taxpayer who wasn't seeing things from the poor addict's perspective. This country has got no hope.

·
Registered
764 Posts
With you all the way. We give far too much leeway to these degenerates thanks to the do-gooders while the rest of us suffer emotionally and financially for their cause. Drink and drugs need to be taken out of the equation, nobody forced anybody to take either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts