Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened my car door this morning and to my confusion found the bottom part of the inner, front passenger door panel very damp from the black switch/handle part downwards. Ive looked at where it could be coming through, and the door seals are in good condition.:confused: its dried out now but i am concearned it will come back again. Is it the ice causing this and running down the window seal? or just a hardened door seal because of the cold. Has this happened to anybody else? Some body please put my mind at ease!!!
All the best Dave

·
Registered
30,252 Posts
Did you clear away the snow after it fell, or leave the car covered in snow for days?

Water will run through the window seal and through the door to the drain holes in the bottom. But if it freezes and blocks the drain holes you will get a buildup inside the door which will make its way through any holes in the plastic sheet behind the interior panel.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers dave.No i left the snow on the car for a week. so i guess it come through the seals as you mentioned. Where are these drain holes so i can check for blockages.

·
Registered
30,252 Posts
Drain holes are in the bottom of the door, so you will need to get on your knees to check them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts