Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I mentioned that I thought I only had a slave key (not burgundy master key). I figured it would be smart to sort this out and get a new key/code system/ECU. Trouble is, not yet got a new system. Guess what happened yesterday? Some nit who fitted a new battery before I got the car didn't tighten up the battery terminals properly! :rant: The result was that when I tried to start the engine, all the electrics went dead! :confused: B***** s***e I thought! :mad: Anyway, after reconnecting the terminals, the CODE light flashed and the injection lamp stayed on and the engine would not start. After I disconnected it again for a couple of minutes and then reconnected the battery, the engine started again and the warning lamps went out! :) Only thing is, the radio key will not work the alarm/central locking now. It makes no odds if the alarm is turned on or off. Can someone help coax the alarm back into life? :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
What you'll need is the 4 digit alarm code to program into the rear light/alarm reciever unit as I had the same problem with my reciever and ended up replacing it and getting a new board for the key with a known number. :(

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
daiblack said:
What you'll need is the 4 digit alarm code to program into the rear light/alarm reciever unit as I had the same problem with my reciever and ended up replacing it and getting a new board for the key with a known number. :(
Do you know where I might get the code number (I have no security credit card) and how would I program the reciever unit?

B

·
0 Posts
:D Loads of people have had this problem,myself included :(
:rolleyes: If you use the ARCHIVE button to access the old forum pages you should be able to use the SEARCH button there to shed some light on this matter.Hope this helps you. :D

..............BTW the usual outcome involves spending lots of money on receivers and keys or just getting an aftermarket alarm fitted. :(

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Me - yes same problem, got a new alarm fitted, could of got the the roof reciever sorted cheaper but always would run the risk of it breaking again, it seems to be such a weak point of the car!! hope ya get it sorted!

W

·
0 Posts
ally said:
Do you know where I might get the code number (I have no security credit card) and how would I program the reciever unit?
Try your local dealer, there are a lot of stories about Alfa not suplying the codes with cars but this is rubbish. However, they don't always manage to find the codes.....

wrinx

L

·
0 Posts
Ah, I have the same problem with the alarm, a new battery was fitted when I bought the car and I dont have the burgundy key. I do have the code but how on earth do you program it in? :confused:

Lee. car is 96 wb if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Flo, I'll try.
Leebex33- I have some bad news. My understanding is that the code number has to be manually entered every time you wish to start the engine if the transponder does not recognise the chip in the key. The proceedure to to programme slave keys to the immobiliser is as follows:
Enter master key and turn key to marcia (ignition and instrument panel lights on). Turn off and remove key.
Enter slave key and turn to marcia.
Repeat step two for every slave key.
Finally, enter master key again and turn to marcia and then off.
Note, any slave keys which are not reprogrammed at this time will no longer be recognised.
Not a lot of help, I know, but it may save other members a trip to the dealer. :)

W

·
0 Posts
Ally...fraid you're gettin confused agin. You seem to be talking about the immobilisor/CODE, later posts here are talking about your alarm code...not the immobilisor.......or I'm confused!

The alarm code can be re-entered via the roof receiver (rear light switch). I posted how to do this a while ago but from MEMORY it is place the keyfob near Receiver, press the keyfob until Rec light flashes, then enter each digit of the code as a series of presses but wait for a flashing light to acknowledge the input.

Hope that makes some sense.....or search for the origonal :D

BTW, your description of the CODE input sounds about right but the code is input with the accelerator pedal..should be in the handbook anyway.

wrinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts