Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 156 has at some point in its life been through the Mangoletsi dealers. How do i know this? Because its like a chuffin advertisement board! Stickers on rear windows,stickers on boot,tax disc holder,number plate,AAAARRGGHH! It annoys the life out of me!!
Sorry rant over! Anyway onto my question.
What is the best way to remove the big ugly sticker off my boot, without scratching the paintwork?
I also have Mangoletsi right across my rear window (i've got a sw) is that any easier to remove!
Thanks guys sorry about moaning, but it does wind me up, dealers thinking i want to give them free advertising!

·
Registered
144 Posts
take the car back and ask for money say your car is not a free advert for them . then if you get no money ask them to remove them

G

·
I don't like that sort of thing either. 1st thing when I pick a car up is to strip all the stickers off. It's my car now, not your billboard for plastering it with adverts.

Get a hair drier on the stickers to soften the glue, peel the stickers off and use something like lighter fluid or white spirit to get the remains of the sticky residue off.

Or take it back to Mangos and get them to remove it for you. They graffiti'd it, they can clean it off.

·
Registered
39,874 Posts
I just hope you car hasn't faded, as when you remove the sticker from the boot you will have an outline.

I found this when I tried to remove the Mangoletsi sticker from the boot on my first fiat coupe.

I don't like stuff like that either, even if it just a dealer name on the numberplate

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I generally agree but on mine I make an exception as it tickles the humour of the 8 year old boy in me, seeing as I bought it from a little garage called "Titty Ho Motor Company".

Never fails to make me smile...

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I had an Alfa 33Ti, with Mangoletsi blazed all over it many Years ago too. Worst Alfa I ever had in fact. Long Story there actually, and one I posted on the Mangoletsi thread, a while ago.......

·
Registered
73 Posts
"Titty Ho Motor Company"
Ha ha ha is acceptable but i dont think you will have an outline to worry about i took a Nürburgring sticker of the back off my Audi wich had been on for 6 months and there was an outline that was easily removed

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I was going to say DON'T take them off, as it will probably leave a faded mark ( mine did ) on the bodywork, but someone beat me to it there.....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I generally agree but on mine I make an exception as it tickles the humour of the 8 year old boy in me, seeing as I bought it from a little garage called "Titty Ho Motor Company".

Never fails to make me smile...
Ha i'd leave that one on too!
Hoping it hasn't faded its an 05 plate so not that old!
If it stops raining i'll get the hair dryer out then! I didn't buy the car from them so dunno if i can take it back.
Nice to know i'm not the only one this annoys though!

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
:lol:
Now I'd ask for a Titty Ho Motor Co sticker!
It's a real Classic Car dealer, great name !
It is a requirement by law that the supplying dealer ( or supplier of the number plate's ) to have their name and postcode on the number plates.
But i hate it having sticker's advertising the dealer, i used to leave them off if the customer requested it in my car sales days.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I requested that Mangoletsi did not put any of their stickers on the body of the new Brera I picked up last October - so they didn't (even though they are easy to remove after hair-drying them) I didn't mind the new Mango.com logo on the rear window.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Back window should be the most they are allowed.

Stickers on paintwork though!!! :tut: :tut: :mad:

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
This philospophy of Mango's splattering their adverts goes back years, even before n13roy's 33TI. My first Alfa, a 1977 Sud TI, had the dreaded black letters splashed all over the back of the car. Some things never change:rolleyes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the sticker on the back of my 156 it was there when I bought it from them, has never bothered me. I wouldnt take it off now as I think there would be a visible mark left.I must admit that when the car was under warranty and my local dealer was Arnold Clark I always took off the ugly yellow sticker they insisted on putting on after they had serviced it.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Make sure the area is clean and heat gently with a hair dryer. Then peel off using you nails or a flexible plastic scraper.

Tidy up with some AG Intensive Tar remover or meths and them polish & protect the area.

Fading could be an issue but I doubt it:)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
My Alfa 33Ti was a G reg, so they were at it a good 10 years before that then, after reading Spider95 last post there. I've not seen one advertising their name for a LONG time now though....:tut:

·
Registered
516 Posts
The rear window of my GT's narrow enough without having an advertising billboard plastered across it. Fortunately when I got the thing, the sticker came out quite easily - it was mid summer and hot. Like Jamesy though I was less than impressed with Arnold Clark for putting their fat yellow sticker in its place after they'd serviced the thing.

The other half's Panda has Mangos stickers all over it, which is a laugh as they've all got Alfa logos on them too.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Funny, there's 2 147s in my street with the Mongo sticker on the tailgate, I don't think they have the right to do it either, just because you buy a car from them doesn't give them the right to advertise on it, but then thier stickers have a little designto them, some of the other muppet dealer round here still use the old big white stripe stripe approach on the inside of the window so that when you remove it it peels off the heater element. Now that really P.M.O!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts