1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Dirty french pesants. :mad:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
That is so annoying, and that is being polite!
Now you have the fun of the insurance job...........

I would be hopping mad. :rant:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont. But as i had stopped and they hit me they will be picking up the tab. The damage on the other car was far worse though, the bumper split and everything :eek: Could really do without it though.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Supermarket bumps often go knock for knock for ease of insurance companies, mainly to save time resolving who's to blame asnd hence ultimately save money. Of course this is totally unfair on the poor person who was not at fault.

Lets hope this doesn't happen in your case. The damage doesn't appear that bad from pic is that really £750 worth of repairs? There doesn't appear to be any new panels required just filler and paint inc blending in to the surrounding panels

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Supermarket bumps often go knock for knock for ease of insurance companies, mainly to save time resolving who's to blame asnd hence ultimately save money. Of course this is totally unfair on the poor person who was not at fault.
Really :vomit: Even if i have a witness in my car (the mrs) and the woman that hit us kept on appologising to us for hitting us etc (and we were out of the bay and stationary). And given the damage is more on the side of my car shows she hit me. Her husband called me up an hour later and said he is passing it to his insurance company and he sounded pretty cheesed off so i presume there admitting it.(he wasnt there) Whats the chance of me getting paid out if they dont admit liability?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Really :vomit: Even if i have a witness in my car (the mrs) and the woman that hit us kept on appologising to us for hitting us etc (and we were out of the bay and stationary). And given the damage is more on the side of my car shows she hit me. Her husband called me up an hour later and said he is passing it to his insurance company and he sounded pretty cheesed off so i presume there admitting it.(he wasnt there) Whats the chance of me getting paid out if they dont admit liability?
May be worth seeing if the car park has cctv, you never know.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They said they are passing over the details to there insurance company, do i need to do anything or wait for them to contact me? The bloke that called me said a company called 'Kudos' or something will be in touch. That is the same company my Alfa body repairer said deals with this stuff

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
They said they are passing over the details to there insurance company, do i need to do anything or wait for them to contact me? The bloke that called me said a company called 'Kudos' or something will be in touch. That is the same company my Alfa body repairer said deals with this stuff
If you can get a cctv copy it is aways best, you never know what gets lost in the post.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'm by no means an expert on this so take what I post with a bit of salt !

I do know however that insurance companies spent an inordinate amount of money trying to unravel who was at fault in the 'unclear' cases, therefore they came to a mutal agreement that in cases of uncertainty they would go knock for knock (split bill 50/50) without even looking into who was at blame etc. This is soley to reduce the manhours and hence costs, the law of odds means that over time these cases will even out accordingly for the insurance companies interms of payouts so the only losers are the poor 'innocent' drivers caught up in this.

Even so hopefully they other party's insurers will payout out in full and you will get your car repaired at their expense, you'll still have to declare a no fault accident at the time of insurance renewal and you're premium will increase to reflect the fact that you are now a higher risk. I.e. either way the insurance company always wins! This was one a TV documentary a couple of months ago which shocked me, think it might have been Watchdog thinking about it.

Best off going through a third party claims handler so that your insurance company doesn't get involved, however they will only act on clear cut no fault claims !

I really hope my negative post is not applicable to you and this goes through smoothly for you. As a thought you might be better off getting a quote from a bodyshop and taking the cash from the other party as if it's less than £500 you would both probably be better off this way in the long run !

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This really is crap. My excess is.....wait for it....£800 :eek: So now it looks like i may be stiffed with the repair bills and pay more for insurance next year. How is this fair :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry to hear about your knock wasnt those Knakangs to blame was it:p jokes aside i had a knock in car park in the last alfa (also in beautiful red) some woman reversed out the space without bothering to use her mirrors straight in to the side of me:cry: as said on here try and get some cctv as anyone in your car wont count as a witness and most of all keep hassling your insurance company because as i found out they like to ignore you and hope it goes away!

sadly two years later still no payout and i had photos, best of luck fella might pay to do what i did and find a freindly local repair shop who likes to avoid the Vodka And Tonic:thumbs:

G

·
Call Alfa Romeo aftercare. I used them when someone hit my car in a car park. They will deal with everything and all costs will go to the other persons insurance not yours. You won't need to pay an excess this way. Plus your car will be repaired at an approved Alfa Romeo body repair shop.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right, its getting settled on a 50/50 basis and i cant choose who repairs it :( Ive checked and yeah thats written in the policy T&C's. So, how far can i go regarding the repair quality? Can i state i dont want to see repair lines inside the door shuts etc? Also, given its Alfa red, my bodyshop can match the paint perfectly and i cant see any different colour in street lighting. If i can see colour difference in street lighting, can i reject the repair?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts