Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to get one of those bungs for the boot that help it pop up when you press the release button as mine has one missing. Di went to take a picture of it and so opened the boot to her a snap and a small piece of plastic go flying past me. On closer inspection I find that the strut that seems to assist with opening and close the boot is snapped both ends. And so is the other one! Ie left and right both broken! This means my boot now opens all the way until it hits the window! Not good

Rang dealer and cost for these struts is £218+ VAT

That's crazy prices so on the prowl for some from a breaker now. Already sent three emails lol. Any way if any one has any ideas that could help me here. Do other struts fit it? Etc

Or know of a 159 close to Birmingham being broken then it would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'd be interested to hear how you get on with sourcing one of the 'bungs' too as I need a pair and dealer was clueless when I tried to describe what I wanted, I gave up in the end.

It would be really useful to find a part number for the bungs

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My dealer understood my description of the rubber bungs but he did have to go and view a 159 boot and I explained the location too. Ie to the left and right of the lock mechanism on the actual boot

Looks like I will be ordering these oem boot gas struts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts