Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Firstly apologies as this is not related to my Alfa, but for my wife’s 2010 Peugeot 308.

Unfortunately she a little accident and smashed her rear windscreen. Autoglass wasn’t able to come out until 3 days later, so I cut out and used black bin liners and brown tape. Done a pretty good job!

BUT! When removed something odd has happened to the paintwork. Please see the pictures. I think this has been caused by the rain and intense sun, but a complete guess.

I’m a complete novice, could anybody advise? Is there an off the shelf product I can use to restore?? The only thing i've used is scratch remover (that was really old) and general polish.

:weeping::weeping:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
This could be moisture under the clear coat. Strange as it may seem it does happen. Look it up on the web and see if it compares with what you read. I have had the same problem on my giullietta . The cure is to use , carefully, a hair drier or heat gun. Apply the heat gently and all of a sudden the milky appearence dissapears before your eyes. No amount of applying stuff on the paintwork will make any difference as the moisture is under the clear coat Of course it may be something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts