Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exhaust has been blowing for a bit and gradually got worst so i took it to an exhaust place to have a quick looksee. And the left hand flexipipe has a hole in it:( and the other one is showing signs of carbon build up. Got a price off the exhaust place £545 for both fitted. What i am asking is first can i wrap it to stop it blowing while i recover from xmas (moneywise) and is there any other options rather than orignal parts ie upgrades, or anyone got any good spares.

Thanks in advance:thumbs:
Leigh

C

·
0 Posts
Exhaust has been blowing for a bit and gradually got worst so i took it to an exhaust place to have a quick looksee. And the left hand flexipipe has a hole in it:( and the other one is showing signs of carbon build up. Got a price off the exhaust place £545 for both fitted. What i am asking is first can i wrap it to stop it blowing while i recover from xmas (moneywise) and is there any other options rather than orignal parts ie upgrades, or anyone got any good spares.

Leigh
:eek: How much?!!! That's excessive. For info, they're the same part as the front pipes fitted to CF3 156 2.5 V6's. (CF2's are different and won't fit.)

·
Registered
7,551 Posts

Leigh
Just had mine temporarily welded and getting a price for replacement - hope they're not that expensive or I'll be looking for alternatives (which I am anyway :) )

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Equal length downpipes from alfatune are 450 and are a nice upgrade fitting won't be alot more, they
Made a nice noise on there own and coupled to the wizard cat back and everything else standard made the nicest sound my car has ever made. With the standard exhaust it still sounded good. Obviously gtv manifolds and downpipes is another option but the price will go up considerably unless ur cambelt is due soonish then may be ok.

·
Banned
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek: How much?!!! That's excessive. For info, they're the same part as the front pipes fitted to CF3 156 2.5 V6's. (CF2's are different and won't fit.)
i know couldn't belive it myself, we were having brekie in a cafe and the garage was opposite so i thought i would use their ramp to have a look myself:lol: they insisted on giving me a qoute and said it was a main dealer part only. chuckled when heard the price.

that was going to be my next question about the 2.5v6 saw some on fleebay

thanks guys
top notch as usual:D

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Black cat, cambelt had nothing to do with downpipes, I meant if u wanna do the gtv manifolds and downpipes, if cambelt is due the labour will be less as they can just drop the engine and do all the work on one go. Well that's what's suggested by the likes of autolusso. Can be done withought bringing it out but meant to be a pita.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
i know couldn't belive it myself, we were having brekie in a cafe and the garage was opposite so i thought i would use their ramp to have a look myself:lol: they insisted on giving me a qoute and said it was a main dealer part only. chuckled when heard the price.

that was going to be my next question about the 2.5v6 saw some on fleebay

thanks guys
top notch as usual:D
Got an unfitted price of around 425! :eek: may as well get the eq length ones.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts