Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some damage on both sides on the door cards from where the door has been closed and caught on the seatbelt, making a hole in the leather. will take some pics tonight and add them tomorrow.

has anyone else had similar problems with this? im guessing it might be quite a common fault, if so are there any good solutions? i was thinking of putting a stopper on the belt a bit higher up and either patching the holes or replacing the doorcards altogether if they are not too expensive.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have shoulder pad things which tend to make my passengers confused when they take off their belt... As a result they normally put it back properly!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Had the same with mine. Just glued it back in place & I tell the passenger to be careful. An alternative is to move the seat forwards as the belt tends to catch on the seat back adjuster when fully back. You could also cut a recess in the sill cover if it will allow better clearance?

·
Registered
458 Posts
there was a thread somewhere about a guy who was able to get the hole fixed, hmm..ill try find it..

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advice, here is a pic of my drivers side one, looks pretty bad, the passenger one is nowhere near as bad.

out of interest, how much would you be looking for for yours GTV73?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Wow... my car doesn't have that at all. And I have passengers that are unaware of crap like this all the time... most of them don't know how to open the door, let alone know there's a special procedure for closing it.

But then most of them retract the seatbelt, that damage looks low on the door card, suggesting they haven't been retracted fully before closing the door?

·
Registered
274 Posts
That is a fair hole in the door must of been some slam of the door.:wow: I replaced my door card because mine was damaged it cost me £30 to replace. You,ve just got to remember to place the seat belt as high up the seat as you can.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'd shop around for a set of cards (need some myself at some point) I found a guy who reckoned that he could repair the originals and refinish them (I have the broken piece that was pushed in still) but he wanted £45 per door...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks again guys, i must just point out, the car is new to me, only had it a couple of weeks and it was NOT me that did such a stupid thing, must have been one of the previous 3 owners, but it is quite surprising considering the fact that every other part of the car looks like it has been lovingly owned and treated like a lady, cant really complain if that is the only problem she came with.

I will probably just replace them, but it can wait a little while as i have just splashed out for a nice new ragazzon quad dtm and decat pipe, not to mention over £100 worth of red sillicone bits and pieces to tart up engine bay.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Crumbs! That hole is horrendous!!

I've just replaced my door cards, and the good news is that it is very easy.

Resultantly I have a pair of door cards that anyone who wants them can have for a VERY small fee!

I also have one ORIGINAL speaker!!!

PM me if interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts