Alfa Romeo Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,348 Posts
If Labour won, there would be the usual narrowing down of policy focus - setting priorities, getting realistic and deciding just how radical they could be. The civil service, which tories deride as left wing and undermining, would perform a similar task of regularising and credibility checking.

It would not be venezuela

it would not be chaos

it might be a bit more considerate and less c*nty

·
Registered
11,226 Posts
If Labour won, there would be the usual narrowing down of policy focus - setting priorities, getting realistic and deciding just how radical they could be. The civil service, which tories deride as left wing and undermining, would perform a similar task of regularising and credibility checking.

It would not be venezuela

it would not be chaos

it might be a bit more considerate and less c*nty
They should have painted that on the side of a bus.

And locked Corbyn in a cupboard.

·
Registered
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
They should have painted that on the side of a bus.

And locked Corbyn in a cupboard.
Imagine the embarrassment when they found Johnson in there hiding from Piers ****ing Morgan

·
Premium Member
77,348 Posts
I'm about to take a rather important phone call with the 'top of the shop' in about an hour. I'd much rather not, if I'm being honest.

Would "be with you in a sec" and then hiding in the fridge be permissible?

·
Registered
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I'm about to take a rather important phone call with the 'top of the shop' in about an hour. I'd much rather not, if I'm being honest.

Would "be with you in a sec" and then hiding in the fridge be permissible?
Can you not just get someone to take his or her phone and put it in their pocket?

·
Administrator
45,312 Posts
Now then. I'm by no means trying to defend Johnson. But if I had a choice between having to speak with Piers or hiding in a fridge, I know where I'd be. In fact I think the list of things I wouldn't prefer to do rather than speak to Piers is vanishing small, and generally involve being in something approaching eternal torment. (So actually consists of things quite similar to having to speak to him.)

·
Registered
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
And we're back. John Lewis is apparently on its arse. Is the big story about prices, rents, inflation, interest rates, changes in customer attitudes? Apparently not. Go woke, go broke.

I have to admit robot really understanding woke. The interwebs says it means alert to injustice in society, especially racism. If that's the case, I don't get why the more gammony see it as an insult.

Attachments

·
Registered
44,843 Posts
Gammon is strong in the comments. Really quite depressing. I hope John Lewis turns it around if only to disappoint the Gammons.

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
I notice that not one of the "contributors" have claimed that they might be able to do a better job, just that she can't because she "ticks the boxes" - It's this "PC gawn mad" that is clearly preventing all of them becoming being bosses themselves....

·
Registered
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I notice that not one of the "contributors" have claimed that they might be able to do a better job, just that she can't because she "ticks the boxes" - It's this "PC gawn mad" that is clearly preventing all of them becoming being bosses themselves....
It's just part of the ongoing persecution of middle-aged middle-class white dudes. I hope someone recognises their struggle before it's too late. #metoo

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
It is far easier to criticise in a negative way than put your money where your mouth is or even offer constructive criticism, if anyone remembers what that is.

·
Premium Member
77,348 Posts
It is far easier to criticise in a negative way than put your money where your mouth is or even offer constructive criticism, if anyone remembers what that is.
Yep - that's pretty much at the dark, evil heart of what the Daily Mail is all about.

·
Registered
14,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Climate change is a subject close to the average DM reader's heart. If Brexit and Meghan don't get them turning purple and spraying everyone nearby with spittle, young Greta will.

That there's a young lass (who clearly hasn't been brainwashed like Greta) speaking out to promote climate change skepticism is great news for them.

My personal favourite is the one who wants teenage girls to fight each other in jelly. Not even a bit weird.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
All these years that I have been reading rubbish like the new Scientist and it emerges that all along, all I needed to do was to read the Daily mail website, which it appears has managed with apparently no effort, to attract a vast number of experts on climate! I am in awe.

141 - 159 of 159 Posts