Administrator
45,145 Posts
I dunno. I think he might be serious.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I dunno. I think he might be serious.
Nah. I suspect that probably 1000 of the positives are from people who have taken it literally though.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Finger on the pulse......

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
Nah. I suspect that probably 1000 of the positives are from people who have taken it literally though.
I'm imagining the next line as "...next thing you'll be telling me I'm not allowed to give the intern a slap on the rump when she walks past. PC gone mad!"

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Safe to say that yesterday's supreme Court ruling hasn't gone down well.

Although it was nothing to do with Brexit (allegedly), there is a Brexit theme. Ruling that Johnson shouldn't have prorogued our democratically elected parliament is undemocratic apparently.

Apparently she worked as a barmaid after leaving uni, whilst teaching law at Manchester uni, and studying for the bar. Not sure why this is relevant.

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
How do people manage to convince themselves that actively stopping parliament from meeting and discussing or voting on anything is democratic - and bringing everyone back so they can is undemocratic?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Safe to say that yesterday's supreme Court ruling hasn't gone down well.

Although it was nothing to do with Brexit (allegedly), there is a Brexit theme. Ruling that Johnson shouldn't have prorogued our democratically elected parliament is undemocratic apparently.

Apparently she worked as a barmaid after leaving uni, whilst teaching law at Manchester uni, and studying for the bar. Not sure why this is relevant.
I see the illuminati get a mention. Always a good barometer of the level of rationality on offer!:smile:

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Brexit blah blah traitors yada yada, lock up the remoaners waffle waffle PROJECT FRATE (WTF?). Treason, imprison without trial, military on the streets to tackle the remainder rabble. If none of that works, charge opposition MPs with treason.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Incredible just how few people actually know of the meaning of the words they speak. Over on the 'other' thread somebody riposted that the plebs aren't uneducated, this seems to suggest otherwise. Even if they are not uneducated, they're certainly unintelligent.

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
It’s about takin’ back contwol of our Coventry.

‘Av we left yet?

Why can’t they just get on wiv it?

Comin’ over here n takin’ our jobs.

We managed wivout the EU before we joined it 40 years ago, so of course we’ll manage wivout it nahhhhw.

They need us more than we need them.

———

That’s pretty much three years worth of DM comments summarised. By all means, defend your leave or remain decision. The tragedy is that three years on - after so much more has be discussed and understood on and by both sides - in some DM quarters, the narrative is the exactly the same as it was in 2016.

Oh well.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts