Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have seen the story about the gay couple on a bus who were attacked by a group of teenagers. The gist is that the pair (who are female) refused to perform some sort of live bed show for the group of lads and got a good hiding as a result. A fairly appalling story all round.

Following the attack, the couple have been subjected to the almost obligatory online abuse that everyone now seems to be subjected to for having the bare-faced cheek to flaunt their gayness/blackness/Muslimness by going outside mixing with good god-fearing folk.

The Daily Mail reported on this and their readers responded.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When it emerged that there had been arrests, they very quickly turned to page 53 of the Daily Mail playbook. The Mail readers love a good conspiracy, especially if they can link it to Islam.

The names of the Suspects (who are under 18, that bit's important) have not been released, and nor have descriptions. I can't remember the police every releasing a description of someone they've arrested, other than saying a 53yo local man...... The reason for this is not because they are under 18 but because they are M U S L I M S (and yes they do frequently write it like that because you never know who is watching) and because of this Sadiq Khan is keeping a lid on it.

These people are allowed to vote, have jobs, and families and pets, and interact with the rest of us.

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
Blimey. They must have been all of a dither trying to decide whether to hate the gay people or the Muslim people in this story. Until they realised they could just hate both.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm honest I'm a bit disappointed that they haven't managed to shoehorn in a D-Day reference. Or blame it on Meghan Markle.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
It's jaw-droppingly shocking/bemsuing/disheartening that those attitudes still exist in todays society.

However the Daily Fail targets and exploits the readership highlighted by KB, and wonder whether they are partly responsible for exascerbating this new level of intolerance, purely to increase traffic through their website.

I hope, one day, someone with a big bank account and a philanthropic outlook, sues them for inciting hatred of many kinds and forces them into permanent closure.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Way back when I was 18, I thought the Daily Mail was for scum, but believed in progress. I've changed my mind on one of those points.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
No, The Scum is for scum.
Daily Fail is for failures.

Abuse like this comes from the top. News culture, aided by the establishment is inherently abusive and the morons (I mean that within the IQ centred interpretation) are only acting in accordance with what has been taught to them.

None of this is surprising. 58ite in, 58ite out and I see no signs of this changing. In the meantime we are caught in a changing culture whereby old attitudes are being challenged by an over-represented but under-accepted group which when mixed with the attitude of the average person who needs to buy their own opinion in the form of a media publication, these nasty instances are sadly to be expected.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has become much more narrow in its story choices. House prices, interest rates and things giving us cancer are small beer compared to Brexit, immigration and the devastating effect Meghan is having on the Royal family.

·
Registered
44,775 Posts
is it wrong when waiting at a checkout in a supermarket to make some pretty harsh judgements about the man or woman in front of you because they have bought a copy of the Daily Heil?
I can't help myself, please help!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The Heil makes people angry all the time about everything

I have two 'friends' who are readers and believe everything that the rag tells them, there outraged about everything and especially the B world

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have spoke, nicely, to a couple of fellow shoppers buying the heil..... either simple, gullible souls or downright self entitled proto fascists lacking any capability for
rational thought....

Don.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's the level of anger I find both worrying and fascinating. Constantly banging on about this idea that white, middle-class, middle-aged men are a persecuted minority.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
The Heil makes people angry all the time about everything

I have two 'friends' who are readers and believe everything that the rag tells them, there outraged about everything and especially the B world
Botox?

or BMW?

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Meghan has had them foaming at the mouth again.

Attachments

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
I hadn't realised there was this major hatred for Meghan. Is there any claimed reason for it beyond her daring to be foreign and the wrong colour?

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
There's always a copy of it floating around the restaurant at work. It's a great read for the comedy factor. Actually it's not funny at all to think people agree with the sheite they spout in that rag.
And why is it important to publicise the current value of Mrs Coombes house just because she found a family of ducks down a storm drain?

1 - 20 of 156 Posts