Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't see any instructions in the owners manual, tried twisting and bending (oo-er mrs) but don't want to break it, any suggestions?? ta!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am about to comit a huge sin and put her through car wash. I know I'm a bad person but 60 hour working weeks, 2 kids, 2 dogs blah blah blah, no hand car wash nearby and I can't see out the windows any more......

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Tape it up at the base with a few turns of masking tape and use Mole Grips, or slip jaw adjustable grips, or a decent pair of large pliers. Go easy anti-clockwise at first and when removed some vaseline or grease helps stop the threads corroding and seizing in the future?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Try twisting anticlockwise the top part of the aerial while holding the base... Only part of the antenna can be removed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got it off, great thanks!! Only 8 people from my office to get there....I feel a whole new set of jokes coming on -how many accountants does it take to unscrew an Alfa aerial?!

·
Registered
35,746 Posts
now that's what I call a thread!
Mine was fitted by the salesman in the showroom as part of the handover...

M

·
0 Posts
Im in the same boat as you where a busy week pushes me the way of the car wash. I only go through the arc carwash at asda, have never removed the aerial and have had no problems. Fingers crossed i havent just cursed myself!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Im in the same boat as you where a busy week pushes me the way of the car wash. I only go through the arc carwash at asda, have never removed the aerial and have had no problems. Fingers crossed i havent just cursed myself!
Hand wash at Tesco once or twice a month and valet once every 4-6 weeks for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts