Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had a bit of a daft idea!! Ive got a spare series 3 3 door Sud in fair condition, also I have a friend who has got a smashed up impreza sti! Now the Sud. Has a flat 4 boxer as does the scooby was going to try and shoe horn the scooby lump into the bay of the Sud and also try and get the rear diff in to it as well. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
870 Posts
just fix the scoobie and drive it!

its been done a few times, and to be honest from what i have seen and heard its very very time consuming to do well... so if you have lots and lots of time, give it a go,

on the other hand instead of spending all that time putting something where it should not ever be (ooeerr missus), put a 16v boxer in or even an 1.8 .. its plenty enough power for a 'sud.. 33 p4 back axle goes on if you really fancy the 4x4 bit.

just my 2p worth,..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scooby has been t- boned in the near side, take to much to put right and he only wants £500 for the car. Got plenty of time to do it and a nice big unit to work in, 16v boxerhow much are they going for then? May put 1 in my ti.

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
Do it :thumbs:

Not sure what rear axle/box you'd use, but it'd be epic.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm sure there is a build thread on here (or on AlfaBB) about using a Subaru engine in a Sud - not sure if it did get finished but there was a lot of work done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts