Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm viewing a Mito Sportiva on Monday which potentially will be our first Mito, to add to the much loved 159 we have had for a number of years. It is a 'July 2014' model, with 'Nav' but I cannot find whether or not it has DAB radio as standard. Does anybody know when this became a standard feature on the Mito?
Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all,
I'm viewing a Mito Sportiva on Monday which potentially will be our first Mito, to add to the much loved 159 we have had for a number of years. It is a 'July 2014' model, with 'Nav' but I cannot find whether or not it has DAB radio as standard. Does anybody know when this became a standard feature on the Mito?
Thanks
I think I've answered my own question .............

Having visited the 'uConnect' website, it would appear that there are 2 models fitted to the Mito, both of which are 5 inch screens one with 'Nav', the other without. Neither have DAB radio. The only model that has DAB radio is the 6.5 inch screen available for the Guilietta and Fiats.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tend to agree, DAB radio has come on leaps and bounds in recent years. I first started using a 'Highway' add-on, which came with a very poor internal windscreen aerial, poor in terms of reception. I purchased an external magnetic aerial which was considerably better. I have since transferred the Highway to another car and used the same windscreen aerial with much, much better results, almost perfect reception from the Midlands to the south - a journey I do frequently.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's perfect in London, I use it all the time. :thumbup:
Yes but compare the the same FM & DAB stations side by side and the FM one invariably sounds better there is more audio bandwidth, the DAB is compressed and thin sounding.

DAB was originally supposed to be CD quality but they drastically reduced the bit rate to the equivalent to a poor MP3 rate.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes but compare the the same FM & DAB stations side by side and the FM one invariably sounds better there is more audio bandwidth, the DAB is compressed and thin sounding.

DAB was originally supposed to be CD quality but they drastically reduced the bit rate to the equivalent to a poor MP3 rate.
When they don't have to faff around with providing an FM signal any more it will improve, as did the digital tv services.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts