Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend any. I'm just about to change the head unit which is only FM to a DAB/FM unit and wondered if anyone had any recommendations of amplified units.

Given that I'm probably going to have to delv into the headlining I only want to do this once.

Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts

I replaced mine with this, rock solid signal in Norfolk

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts

Good luck with the headlining, had to remove rear seats to get access.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers folks

Looking forward to the roof lining!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Roof lining is easy on the 159...no need to remove anything except the rear grab handles (dropped the rear on mine recently to get to a small dent where something fell on the roof near the aerial)......not sure on a Brera....and I'm not sure which the Op has.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well , when I swapped my aerial, in order to gain access to the base nut and allow room to run cables the rear pillar trims needed to come out as the lining is tucked behind them, these in turn are held in with 2 bolts each, the lower of which isn't accessible as the rear seat back obstructs access to them, which in turn can't be removed with the rear seat squab in place.
YMMV but this was the best way to do the job without damaging the headlining.

Removing the two side handles and centre light allowed the headlining to be eased down at the rear without inducing a crease.
Using 2 bits of pipe lagging to hold it away from the roof while you work ( you can also use toilet roll but there too valuable in the current climate!)

·
Registered
37,512 Posts
I have had really good results with these.

All you need to do is remove the A pillar trim then find a route from the A pillar to the back of the radio.

I wouldn't want to be removing the roof lining that is for sure.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have had really good results with these.

All you need to do is remove the A pillar trim then find a route from the A pillar to the back of the radio.

I wouldn't want to be removing the roof lining that is for sure.
Got one myself and they’re not great tbh - probably depends on location and where you travel

Personally, I’ll be looking at one of those roof mounts as a replacement for the stick on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought a roof mount FM/DAB job. Will see how it goes.

·
Registered
37,512 Posts
Got one myself and they’re not great tbh - probably depends on location and where you travel

Personally, I’ll be looking at one of those roof mounts as a replacement for the stick on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been all over the country with them on a couple of different cars and never had an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts