Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
A is for the bad weather conditions yea?

probably will never usie it in Australia :p

Yeah it is, but you dont get a digital speedo with any of the other modes, so thats why i use it sometimes.
I'm sure i'll get to test it in the winter.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Double check the hand book as I believe A mode turns the traction control off so you can drive in the snow etc.

You might won't to bare this in mind if pushing on a bit.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Double check the hand book as I believe A mode turns the traction control off so you can drive in the snow etc.

You might won't to bare this in mind if pushing on a bit.
I highly doubt that A mode turns the traction control off. The whole point of traction control is to keep the wheels in traction. And when you're driving on snow, there is very little traction so it is easy to spin the wheels. traction control stops the wheels spinning. So if all-weather mode turned off traction control, that would be making it even harder than in dynamic mode.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not so, if you are stuck in snow you cannot get out with the traction control on as the wheels will NOT spin therefore the car can not move, in snow the opposite is required to get the car moving you must be able to spin the wheels a little to get grip.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Not so, if you are stuck in snow you cannot get out with the traction control on as the wheels will NOT spin therefore the car can not move, in snow the opposite is required to get the car moving you must be able to spin the wheels a little to get grip.
the traction control only kicks in when the wheels spin, so you still have the ability to move the wheels, and when the wheels are spinning you often don't move at all.

I agree that traction control off is the best situation to have if you know how to control the throttle well in snow, as traction control is only a driver aid which gets in the way if you don't need it, but for an average driver it is better to have traction control, isn't it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its a debate that could go on and on, I was just advising caution by checking the handbook as you wouldn't want to get caught out thinking it was on when in fact it is turned off.

I had a converstaion about this with the dealer when I ordered my mito last week and he stated it is off in A mode for this reason, we also have a BMW 1 series and indeed had the traction control turned off when driving in deep snow earlier this year because the sensativity of the traction control would not allow the car to move.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Its a debate that could go on and on, I was just advising caution by checking the handbook as you wouldn't want to get caught out thinking it was on when in fact it is turned off.

I had a converstaion about this with the dealer when I ordered my mito last week and he stated it is off in A mode for this reason, we also have a BMW 1 series and indeed had the traction control turned off when driving in deep snow earlier this year because the sensativity of the traction control would not allow the car to move.
ok, you have a point there... but if the traction control was designed for driving in poor conditions then that shouldn't have been a problem.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I use it only if it is either throwing it down with rain or if the roads are very wet following a huge rain storm.

It works very well and I have found that it counters any potential aquaplaning that may occur

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ive used the A mode the other day works very well in heavy rain.

wheres this digital speedo everyone is talking about?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts