Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Happily Sadly I've done my stint in the UK for at least the next 6 months. ;)

Edit: By that I mean glad I'm not heading back to the uk for a while, not glad
I won't be at the gig. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've used the Saris on all my previous cars which ranged from a Toyota Camry to a Mini Cooper with no problems. Haven't tested it with the Brera yet, but I'm confident it'll fit.
Saris Cycling Group

Been everywhere with it, 3 mountain bikes to Le Mans and back for 4 years running. Its sturdy and easy to use.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Managed to get the Saris on the Brera. Just wondering about the rear wing, is it bolted on? can one remove it and put it back on? The Saris clips doesn't fit properly on the wing, but its still sturdy enough for 1 bike.

I cringed when the rubber pads were pushing on the bumper, it would've pushed some dirt into the paintwork. Will need to polish it up. Maybe I can cut a few microfibre cloths to fit between the rubber pads and the bumber?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Happily Sadly I've done my stint in the UK for at least the next 6 months. ;)

Edit: By that I mean glad I'm not heading back to the uk for a while, not glad
I won't be at the gig. ;)
We have another - in Kingston on 6th August!!!!

Anyway, back on-topic. I just bought a bike so need to revisit this. There's this one....

Mangoletsi, Alfa Romeo and Fiat Dealership in the north west of England - Shop

At £150 it's a bit pricey though. Perhaps I need to track sown that Saris (the link is expired) and give it a go.

EDIT: note you need their toebar fitted and that's another £599.

Not a good option!

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Saris bones is expensive, overdesigned and heavy. Did serious damage to the bumper of my 166 and never sat properly on the car (All the weight transferred to the lower feet, crushing the bumper. The feet are too small and don't spread the weight enough). I'd go to Halfords and try out the alternatives that they have if I were you.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
On the forums I´ve read about the Saris everyone (literally) were disappointed. Seems to cause a lot of paint damage and have low quality screws. Thule seem to make better racks.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the forums I´ve read about the Saris everyone (literally) were disappointed. Seems to cause a lot of paint damage and have low quality screws. Thule seem to make better racks.
Well, it arrived today. Fingers crossed I'll buck that trend. Anyway, kerchung seems happy enough (microfibre cloth notwithstanding).

I did just look on the Thule website. Predictably the Brera is not listed in the fit guide. Any ideas which one might fit?

·
Registered
121 Posts
How did you find the Saris clipping into the rear spoiler? Does it seem sturdy? Maybe its a good idea to unbolt the spoiler and thread the clip through so that its clipped onto metal instead of plastic.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Kerchung

Did you ever sort out a cycle Rack?
Steve

1 - 20 of 29 Posts