Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some off you may have seen the thread about Peco, which are actually Cybox, equal length downpipes and how some of us have ordered them. They are currently on ebay for £325 + £25 P&P. However, if you phone up and ask nicely you can get them for £295 + £15 P&P!

I have asked Cybox to make me a CF3 200 cell sports cat which they are going to do, me being the guinea pig/tester person. They are happy to and want to make and sell them in volume. The price is £395 inc VAT which is more than I hoped but still quite a bit less than Alfaholics when you add VAT on to their price. When I raised the price they said that were going to use an FIA cat which was top quality and meets EU race track regs and a few other positive things and that if I opted for a cheap one made in China it would be £80 less, so I went with the former! They know all the dimensions because they already make a decat pipe.

It will take a few weeks and I will post pics and feedback when it comes, although those of you involved with the EL downpipes will know a few weeks could easily turn into a few months! If you are impatient and want to go ahead and be a guinea pig like me then call up Jerry at Cybox on 0151 343 0330. They can do CF2 and 100 cell if you want.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Power?

Nice one James, I'll watch this with interest too.
I was discussing exhaust back pressure with my mechanic when he was fitting my EL pipes, as with a turbo car, reducing back pressure as much as possible is a good thing, as it allows the turbo to breathe easier / spool up quicker etc. However, with a normally aspirated engine like the Alfa, you need to be careful not to reduce this too much, as it can actually reduce the efficiency and lower power.
what are your thoughts on this? Anyone else have experience of this issue?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Have you fitted it? What does it sound like? What's the clearance like on those downpipes? Excited to know, lol.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I have these EL downpipes fitted with a Wizard exhaust, Its simply insane the sound, Just crazy, I have a drive by done just waiting to publish it and you can see it for your self, Should be tomorrow Thursday 12th Oct

ground clearance is very low less than 4 inches no problem on speed bumps but stradling 50/50 the curb is never gona happen, and deep pot holes at speed when the suspension fully compresses is a problem, local roads i know and can plan my route around obstacles but unfamiliar roads you sometimes crash into pot holes and it scrapes

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I have these EL downpipes fitted with a Wizard exhaust, Its simply insane the sound, Just crazy, I have a drive by done just waiting to publish it and you can see it for your self, Should be tomorrow Thursday 12th Oct

ground clearance is very low less than 4 inches no problem on speed bumps but stradling 50/50 the curb is never gona happen, and deep pot holes at speed when the suspension fully compresses is a problem, local roads i know and can plan my route around obstacles but unfamiliar roads you sometimes crash into pot holes and it scrapes
Is that the CF2 EQs or the CF3?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mine with equal length Cybox downpipes and straight through Ragazzon!

Since this was filmed I have fitted the straight rear section with another little resonator, cherry bomb type silencer which reduces the racket just enough for it to sound awesome without being earsplitting.... :rofl:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
its going to be BAAADDDDD no matter what they are as in order to have Equal length they have to cross at some point under the car........... there is no getting away from that

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
Cheers for the reply. Just interested in the CF3 clearence as they are different design.
156 GTA with cybox EL downpipes vs 156 GTA with Wizard non-EL downpipes. Sadly I don't have a photo of the second car on the ground but you can use the subframe as the reference point to measure the clearance. GTV V6 CF3 uses the same manifolds & downpipes as the GTAs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Mine with equal length Cybox downpipes and straight through Ragazzon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewAuNh1Z6Mk

Since this was filmed I have fitted the straight rear section with another little resonator, cherry bomb type silencer which reduces the racket just enough for it to sound awesome without being earsplitting.... :rofl:
The EQ pipes definitely add the certain something. Love them.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
its going to be BAAADDDDD no matter what they are as in order to have Equal length they have to cross at some point under the car........... there is no getting away from that
Yep - what Brad said!
My car is a CF3 and the clearance is more like 3" I estimate - see pictures. You do get used to it and make allowances though. When I first had them fitted I scraped them constantly but now I never do, apart from occasional errors on country lanes, or similar.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Not quite, it would be lovely to get some of these re-made.......no clearance issue, just a very good pipe manufacturing skills.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Yep - what Brad said!
My car is a CF3 and the clearance is more like 3" I estimate - see pictures. You do get used to it and make allowances though. When I first had them fitted I scraped them constantly but now I never do, apart from occasional errors on country lanes, or similar.
That is pretty darn low! Still they are defiantly a must have.

PS Uncle you have a full inbox.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Code:
That is pretty darn low! Still they are defiantly a must have.

PS Uncle you have a full inbox.
Are those fancy pipes and manifolds the Japanese Orque ones then? Remortgage required no doubt?
Cleared my inbox now btw!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah come on Brad - show us the money shot!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts