Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys as the name suggests, 156 needs some loving on the CV Joints...

Where do I take it please?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've only ever use CV Extreme in Alberton North in the past, admittedly never taken my 156 there (Only had to change one CV boot, which I did myself). Hygrade took his GT there recently and was happy.
"Physical Address: 65 Van Riebeeck Street, Alberton North, Opposite SAP Alberton
Telephone: 011 907 9461 or 083 778 9002
Fax: 011 907 9654"

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
their service is awesome family owned. nuff said

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I turn left full lock and hear the preverbial cluck cluck cluck...so I guess its CV too? Any prices?

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
well they charged me 350 for the boot fitted.. my guess is around 1k all in all

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
NO, Tony replaced my boot when I did the clutch...just when I came back from KBY trip...it started that clucking sound...will have to do it here at some CV joint place...

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Guili, the phrase "burnouts" mean anything to you ? :p

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
dont do it..i was kicked out of monte on friday for doing just that.. and that was before i got inside.. my um foot slipped off the clutch

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
lol YES Eric...burnouts represents a sense of fluor, a sense of martertism on tyres, the sense of dropping the clutch and seeing smoke pour from the tyres, the sight of th revs climing...but obviously it has negatives...like my Giulietta's whole rear assembly needs to be replaced and my 147's clutch was replaced and looks like the left CV will have to be replaced too...eish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts