Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I’ve got a set of braided hoses somewhere in the garage waiting to be fitted.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Slow and steady progress... once I put grease in the wheel end CV joints they loosened up and moved as the should or at least how I think they should. I’ve been held up by getting two lots of the wrong parts sent. The drive shafts are ready to fit...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hub carriers good to go with new wheel bearings. Just waiting on getting the correct hub flanges delivered tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
And the bits of metal whose sole purpose seems to be going rusty and looking a mess all freshly painted...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hub carriers good to go with new wheel bearings. Just waiting on getting the correct hub flanges delivered tomorrow...
Forgive me if I am stating the obvious Nelly but it looks as though you have the later hubs with the ABS sensor reading of a magnetic disc on the bearing. I hope you have fitted bearings of this type?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Forgive me if I am stating the obvious Nelly but it looks as though you have the later hubs with the ABS sensor reading of a magnetic disc on the bearing. I hope you have fitted bearings of this type?
No problem... it is the kind of thing that I would do but I checked and double checked I had the right bearings and triple checked that I had put them in the right way round.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
The correct hub flanges were delivered today so should get it all on my car this weekend. If my maths is correct... just 12 bolts per side to undo and two ball joints to split then re-assemble in reverse order. What could possibly go wrong?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts