Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day All,
I am seeking advice, ref securement of CV joint rubber boots.
Details - the original CV joint unbeknown, lost grease over period of time eventually manifesting itself as a vibration occuring above speeds of 45 mph, due excess clearances in the CV joint caused by ingress of water & grit. The CV joint was renewed under guarantee but sadly a month later I noticed grease had been splayed out on the near side front wheel. Inspection showed the steel clip securing the outboard CV joint rubber boot, larger diam end had slipped off. Garage obliged by refitting new steel clip to rubber boot on Tues 9th Jan, but today, Sun 14th Jan, I note grease was sprayed around the suspension & other components, inspection showed that the clip had slipped of again! It is obviously a problem to draw up the steel band tight enough to draw the rubber boot into & sit tight in the machined groove. Also noted the Alfa Romeo relacement steel band is approx half the width of factory fitted band. Apologies for the long speel but recomended solutions would be appreciated.
Regards Peter Goodwin.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
wrong forum to post in.

But at my old work we never used the metal clips as they arnt ver good.

We used cable ties, or jubaly clips.

Cheers Gavin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gavin dack said:
wrong forum to post in.

But at my old work we never used the metal clips as they arnt ver good.

We used cable ties, or jubaly clips.

Cheers Gavin
Gavin
Thank you for tip.
Please advise which forum I should be posting my inquiry?
Thank you, Peter.

R

·
0 Posts
Peter Goodwin said:
Gavin
Thank you for tip.
Please advise which forum I should be posting my inquiry?
Thank you, Peter.
Looks like the right forum/section to me unless it's been moved without any note on it from the moderator. This is the 147/156/159 tech lounge yes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts