Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought myself a GTV V6 a couple of weeks ago and really want to get a custom catback exhaust system fitted with dual pipes (one on each side of the car). I want to balance the back of the car a bit more and get some louder sound, but without deafening myself and others.

I've never made any modifications to a car before, so quite clueless on where to go. I live in Manchester, so does any have any suggestions of good garages to use in the North West?

thanks for any help! :thumbup:

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
the Wizard is High end and costs about as much as it can be to get a custom exhaust, the Youtube vids are great but let me assure you in real world they sound even better, I have one and wouldnt ever ever go back but thats just me, you can get a SS exhaust thats similar to stock for £250-300 MIJ in Walsall will make you one while you wait, and you can choose tail pipes as well as Mild Sport and Loud tones

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies! I got a quote from MIJ but it's a fair drive away.

I work near Lytham so Quicksave might be an idea. What did thr exhaust sound like? Do they know what they're doing in regards to exhaust design?

What would a Wizard exhaust cost?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
MIJ have a good reputation they do it apparently in 3 hrs and defiantly do know what they are doing, You can search on here for MIJ exhausts many members have used them and i am sure you will get what your after, The wizard is LOUD be sure to hear one if you were to go for it as its not to everyone's taste, As i said its my idea of heaven and i love it, Suits me and the car (51yrs young) but its not what everyone wants at 6.30 am waking the neighbours

1 - 7 of 7 Posts