Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car must be the lemon that all other lemons look upto!!

Day before going on holiday, last Saturday, she called from her mates house saying the exhaust is hanging off...leave it I say, deal with it in a week.

So today I go have a look expecting carnage and it looks not bad, centre section just hanging down a bit, job for a jubilee clip perhap...oh how wrong was I. Took it to Kwik Fit in Paisley and got it on a ramp only to find she's only gone an split the cat in 2!!! 500-odd sovs this is gonna cost!!!

I know her driving is atrocious and she hits everything on the road but my sanity is taking a battering here, in 16 months its had:

new clutch
new battery
2 sets of front discs and pads due to chronic caliper seizing
7(?) tyres - mainly due to a buckled alloys she won't change because no matter how much I explain it she doesn't understand what I'm talking about.
new door handle mechanism

On top of this it needs a new passenger door skin and a respray because it been scratched more times than a plumbers ass.

She want's insured on Smokey...err no, NEVER!!!

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
That sounds like a real stinker Matt, you don't want to be spending that sort of cash just heading in the the chrimbo season :tut:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't stop thinking about Bentelys recently. I need my car back on the road!
You know, I've been thinking about something for the weekend ... like a Jag XJS V12 :lol:

I might be going to Birmingham on Saturday to pick up a BMW 540 ... don't worry, it's for a mate :tut:

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
You know, I've been thinking about something for the weekend ... like a Jag XJS V12 :lol:

I might be going to Birmingham on Saturday to pick up a BMW 540 ... don't worry, it's for a mate :tut:
Ooo V12 Jag. Still just want my car to work though. Its been 3 weeks since I've turned the key and heard the engine. :(

Is the ford running better. They go through good patches. So Im told.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funny how people criticise Alfa's for being unreliable!!!
Totally, a guy I work with was driving to work this morning (along the M74) in a 56 plate Fiesta when the clutch pedal fell apart, needless to say I laughed my ass off and relentlessly pounded him when he eventully got to work :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts