Alfa Romeo Forum banner
321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have to say, the refreshed 1 series is much improved at the front but why did they mess with the rear? Looks like the X3 now.
I agree, the front end looks far better. But what happened with that rear end? IMHO the rear is just ugly!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I really like both the 1 series & 2 series. I'm trying to decide whether to spend more money on my GQV & get it how i wish it was from the factory as i still really like it or to change cars. Might go for something completely different though as i quite like the 370z now

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Tried both 350Z and 370Z years back. Bought an RX8 on both occasions! Heavy feeling cars that didn't feel very sporty for sports cars!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
I think some people are missing the point of the thread I started a year ago, talking about cars like the m135i and a45 etc etc is missing the point these are in a totally different league in terms of performance,power and price, the G is at the price point of fords,vauxhalls,vw etc and I still think especially used that the giullietta is a stunning looking car and very individual on the UK roads when you compare it to a golf gti for example it is superb value used of course. It stands out and looks modern and it's an alfa which helps!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I've been looking at the used prices for audi A4 vs 156 in an old car magazine I have (2005). the A4 cost without any extra's at least 10% more when new, but after 5 years was worth 10% less than the 156 of similar output. I compared the 2.4jtd vs the 2.5 TDi specifically.

so far for depreciation... it seems that a VAG could be even better value to buy used than an Alfa.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Giving the A45 AMG a test drive this week-end. It will need to be pretty good to justify the list price, and the best discount I can find is £3k. Someone on here posted about the rubbish exhaust sound, although the version I will be driving has the AMG performance exhaust (a £500 option).
So far it is 1 - 0 to the GQV. The A45 AMG was a bit boy racer and loud - more so than mine despite the fact mine has no centre silencer and Wizard backbox. The suspension was so firm that it almost rattled my fillings out. I didn't like the throttle set up either, even in Sport mode it seemed a little unresponsive which I didn't think I would saying.

Made me realise that the GQV will take some beating. Going to give the M135 a try next.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think some people are missing the point of the thread I started a year ago, talking about cars like the m135i and a45 etc etc is missing the point these are in a totally different league in terms of performance,power and price, the G is at the price point of fords,vauxhalls,vw etc and I still think especially used that the giullietta is a stunning looking car and very individual on the UK roads when you compare it to a golf gti for example it is superb value used of course. It stands out and looks modern and it's an alfa which helps!
Fair comment regarding the A45. The M135i however has a very similar list price to the GQV, and even after discounts it is pretty close. I think the fact I am comparing with these cars is due to a lack of choice in the AR range.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am still driving my 2012 Giulietta. But I have been shopping for a replacement. There just isn't anything in the same space. The Mk 8 Golf GTI has had a massive price increase in Australia ($46690 to $53100 RRP) and I'd be more inclined to go for a Polo GTI (about $35000 appropriately equipped), except that looks so dull inside and out (unless you get the red dashboard in which case it is tasteless). The Audi A1 40 TFSI is essentially the same car built in the same Spanish factory and looks much better inside and out. But the "Audi tax" means they charge $46450 for that.

Maybe they still have one of the last Giulietta Veloces (listed at $42950)...

·
Registered
Giulietta 1.4tb Lusso 170 (OU61)
69 Posts
I am still driving my 2012 Giulietta. But I have been shopping for a replacement. There just isn't anything in the same space. The Mk 8 Golf GTI has had a massive price increase in Australia ($46690 to $53100 RRP) and I'd be more inclined to go for a Polo GTI (about $35000 appropriately equipped), except that looks so dull inside and out (unless you get the red dashboard in which case it is tasteless). The Audi A1 40 TFSI is essentially the same car built in the same Spanish factory and looks much better inside and out. But the "Audi tax" means they charge $46450 for that.

Maybe they still have one of the last Giulietta Veloces (listed at $42950)...
As much as I love the Giulietta I couldn't fathom spending that much on one!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Giulietta sold - waiting for the Giulia :).

Reactions: ReeceAlfa93

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That was quite a stretch, I have to say... But I believe it to be the ultimate ICE car and probably my last ICE car if not the last at all... Cars are not going to be cars anymore. And, having a 32 years old Alfa, I know they're capable of lasting that long.

·
Registered
Giulietta 1.4tb Lusso 170 (OU61)
69 Posts
That was quite a stretch, I have to say... But I believe it to be the ultimate ICE car and probably my last ICE car if not the last at all... Cars are not going to be cars anymore. And, having a 32 years old Alfa, I know they're capable of lasting that long.
You're quite right there, its a real shame isn't it. I best get saving up I think!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Fully agree, I believe you won't regret it :). Mine is already built, just waiting for the delivery now.

·
Registered
39,608 Posts
Still running ours, but it is starting to feel a bit tired.

I think the time might be near to replace it.

321 - 340 of 340 Posts