Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
My 17yo 156

Info Centre.....virtually impossible to read.

A/C....non existent......but then again live in Belfast....so no need.

Fuel dial bulb has given up the ghost so have to shine torch at it to see when I am close to fumes.

Ditto with the milometer.

Rattle from the passenger door...this does annoy me as it should be an easy fix.....but can I find it?? Grrr

Slippy drivers floor mat....how I would love one of those ones that had a wee thingamajig that clicked it to the floor.

Steering wheel stereo channel adjusters which only one of two work.

I love her though......and when she finally gives up the ghost I will be devastated.

Talked to colleagues in work today and they have named their cars....sweet Jesus.....they were female colleagues....so I will let them off with that.

I do admit to giving the steering wheel a wee tap every now and again ....and saying " I love you" .....I know sad. :)
Replacement late-type infocentre £40

A/C - its a 156, lol ?

Some replacement bulbs, about 40 minutes of your time.

What sort of rattle? Some sort of trim, or the door itself? Should be easy enough to fix, especially if you have some time on your hands.

Sounds like you don't have genuine Alfa 156 mats, they never really slipped about, they were that deep & heavy. I think I have a good used set.

Replacement steering wheel control sets - no more than a tenner, about 15 minutes of your time to fit.

You've got to keep on top of all these little things as they come up, don't let them accumulate.

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
It's a valid annoyance! I'd love to be in an Alfa. But the Giulia QF is far too expensive for me (and there's no estate). I can live with it (as per your thread title) but I'd rather be in an Alfa than a Merc.
I'm just waiting for your C63 to depreciate and your old GTA SW to appreciate to the point where we can do a straight swap!

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
On my 156. External temperature sensor detecting sub 0 temperatures. On a hot summers day, resulting in no A/C. Not that the A/C is that effective anyway.

Speakers that work when they want to.
Replace the wing mirror, sorted. You've probably got a loose or broken wire on one of the speakers, pop out the grilles and have a look, you don't even need to take the door cards off.

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
I'm just waiting for your C63 to depreciate and your old GTA SW to appreciate to the point where we can do a straight swap!
I reckon the C63 is around £20k currently*, and the GTA around £10k if it's all fettled. So not too far to go. I'm hoping my depreciation will slow a lot now though, especially with news the next C63 will be a 4 pot.

*That means I've dropped about £10k in about 3 years. The GTA had been costing me £3k a year in maintenance the last 3 years I owned it, so my costs haven't actually changed so much! (Ignoring that it was not going to continue at that level, because I'd already fixed most things.)

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
I reckon the C63 is around £20k currently*, and the GTA around £10k if it's all fettled. So not too far to go. I'm hoping my depreciation will slow a lot now though, especially with news the next C63 will be a 4 pot.

*That means I've dropped about £10k in about 3 years. The GTA had been costing me £3k a year in maintenance the last 3 years I owned it, so my costs haven't actually changed so much! (Ignoring that it was not going to continue at that level, because I'd already fixed most things.)
The C63 is probably not going to go a great lot lower, unless everything does because of economic circumstances. Its a smart luxury, like a classic Rolex or something that holds its value well. In ten years time it will be really sought after, as most high performance cars these days are turbo'd or are hybrid which makes them less interesting.

The GTA is looking lovely, it spent a lot of time at the bodyshop getting painted. I'll maybe use it this summer if the lockdown ends.

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
You've had it resprayed? :love:

·
Registered
34,471 Posts
The reason Rolex watches are “ smart” is because they can be bought with money you shouldn’t have and worn back from Geneva without having to declare it! Quite liquid assets in some circles.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts