Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Its my first post here & my first day with Alfaowner . Glad to be here with Alfa's community . I have a 159 sportswagon 1.9 2007 .
I need help with some thing i searched every where but couldnt have answer .
While i am driving the current consumption goes high and diesel smell goes inside the car , so when i turn off the car and start it again it return to normal .
Every fiew days happens again .
Any solution ?
Looking forward for support ?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hello
Its my first post here & my first day with Alfaowner . Glad to be here with Alfa's community . I have a 159 sportswagon 1.9 2007 .
I need help with some thing i searched every where but couldnt have answer .
While i am driving the current consumption goes high and diesel smell goes inside the car , so when i turn off the car and start it again it return to normal .
Every fiew days happens again .
Any solution ?
Looking forward for support ?
how many miles between? Could be the DPF regeneration cycle.

When it happens your fuel consumption go up dramatically and you will find the turbo boost needle will plummet to zero when you lift off. The engine note may also change.

The absolute worst thing you could possibly do is turn the engine off when it is going this as the filter will then never clear properly and your car will very quickly become disabled and you'll need to fork out £££ to get the DPF cleaned out properly.

Best advice is to keep driving if it is mid cycle (unless you know you will soon be doing a decent length journey again), and ideally just drive at 60+ mph in 4th gear or something, and let the engine do its thing. Shouldn't take more than about 12-15 minutes or so.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
^^^^^What Larry says. Its just running a DPF regeneration, best to let it complete its cycle. All depends on what %age the DPF empties and what mileage you do, as well as the type of miles, but on average it should do it about every other week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was so scared of it , you know my first Alfa , i will let it clean it self ? thank you guys

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I was so scared of it , you know my first Alfa , i will let it clean it self ? thank you guys
no problem, all diesel engine cars from 2006 onwards have this device and system. That said, a) the 159 system is the 'first generation' so to speak and tech has improved over the last 15 years or so, and b) even with that being said its not the most finessed or subtle system in the world!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no problem, all diesel engine cars from 2006 onwards have this device and system. That said, a) the 159 system is the 'first generation' so to speak and tech has improved over the last 15 years or so, and b) even with that being said its not the most finessed or subtle system in the world!
Thank you guys for the support , yesterday it happened , i took 10 minutes then became normal . ???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you guys for the support , yesterday it happened , i took 10 minutes then became normal . ???
Thank you guys for the support , yesterday it happened , i took 10 minutes then became normal

It's like explaining a wet dream to a teenager. Diesal owners!! :cheeky:

Glad you're sorted though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts