Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I've had new AR rims for about 4 months now.

My Wife came home from work today with another Curbing! .. :mad: not a gentle glance either we are talking picking bits of curb out of the rim.

That makes 3 she has done now!

What can be done about this !??!?!?!?

i can't divorce her cos we have 2 kids together?

:cry:

·
Registered
226 Posts
She walks or catches the bus and doesn't get behind the wheel EVER again, not in your car anyway. The only other alternative would see you in gaol for life. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tactfully investigate exactly how she parks. Just last night I saw someone in a Micra swing straight into a curb side parking spot, riding the near side front wheel right up the curb rather than reversing into the parking space as is normal for parallel parking. Is this what is happening to your car?

Apart from that, I can only suggest that you buy her a new alloy wheel each birthday/Christmas/anniversary instead of the usual gifts. That should bring the point home!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Don't let her drive the car!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Tyres with curbing protection can be useful too. I use them on my Milanos (to rare to risk).

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tyres with curbing protection can be useful too. I use them on my Milanos (to rare to risk).
I have the michellin ps2's so plenty of protection there...

and you guys know what it's like telling off the other half....

I end up bieng the bad guy for buying to low profile tyres.. can't win

I think buying a new alloy for her birthday... (This saturday actually) could be a good idea.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You want to swap you tyres/wheels with me ... I've got some lovely 15" rims that are impossible to curb ... all I ask is that you pay for the postage :eek: :eek: :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
She should not be driving, especially if she has kids in the car. With the demonstrated lack of skill / attention it's only a matter of time before she has a big one:eek:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
She should not be driving, especially if she has kids in the car. With the demonstrated lack of skill / attention it's only a matter of time before she has a big one:eek:

Is the life insurance policy nice and up to date??? :eek: :eek: :D

D

·
0 Posts
This is why I'll never allow Lisa to drive any of my cars, :lol:

Women have a habit of when pulling out from a junction and turning left they have their steering wheel already on full lock before they've reach the line, so that the poor ******* near side rear tyre gets eaten by the curb, :lol:

Please women, do learn how to 'Swing Out'!!!

D

·
0 Posts
It makes me feel sick how badly my girlfriend drives........:vomit:
:lol: :cheese:

I don't want to be sexist, but there is something about the way girlfriends drive. Lisa's a fine enough driver, but the way those little plastic hub caps on her Punto scrape along the curb and hop the curb and hover near the curb make ME sick, :(

:lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
This is why I'm gald my wife doesnt like driving my bella (it's "to low for her") :)

Here's some ideas:

1 - Shoot her (somewhat impractical and illegal, but hey an eye for an eye and all that)
2 - Divorce her (not original I know and probably costs more than a new set of wheels, revert to option 1))
3 - Buy her a bike (may need panniers for shopping, buggy trailer thing for kids, forget it, revert to option 1)
4 - Buy her her own car (could prove expensive given the way she's treat yours you'd only want to buy a banger. This means too much time spent on it and less time spent adoring yours - Abandon this idea - revert to option 1)
5 - Buy a set of steel wheels and put them on every time she takes the car out (nice idea but a real chew. Forget it and revert to option 1)
6 - I'm loosing the will to live so revert to option 1

Good luck :lol:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have the michellin ps2's so plenty of protection there...
And yet she still curbs it?!?!?!

Divorce or do what I do. The wife drives the Daewoo and doesn't go near the alfa's - end of story!!! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts