Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Original Cup Teles are as rare as hens teeth as far as I know they where a limited edition :)

Can't tell from the picture if they are copies or genuine :)

Best let folks know if they are copies if you're putting them up for sale :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
official for cup was high polished silver.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Original Cup Teles are as rare as hens teeth as far as I know they where a limited edition :)

I've never seen any Teledial copies or do you mean a standard Teledial painted as a Cup Teledial?

Love the colour of the Cup alloys - wish it was available from Alfa but maybe its the application process that gives it the look

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
The cup teles do look good :cool:
I know it's been asked many times but does anyone know the paint code for the colour on the cup teledials?

I'm wondering should I keep my teledials and get them refurbished in the cup silver and sell my multispokes???
Arrrggghhhh I can't decide :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Genuine!

Genuine! Cup part no:60677421, std:60667231.

Not for sale & I would never 'mis-describe' but as the only difference is the paint.....?

official for cup was high polished silver.
Thanks for that...:confused:

I've never seen any Teledial copies or do you mean a standard Teledial painted as a Cup Teledial?

Love the colour of the Cup alloys - wish it was available from Alfa but maybe its the application process that gives it the look
As far as I can tell that's all they are & apparently still available from Alfa.

The cup teles do look good :cool:
I know it's been asked many times but does anyone know the paint code for the colour on the cup teledials?
I'd like to know too. Someone must know as my silver V6 has them & I doubt they are genuine.

Clive

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
IIRC the Cups are about £30 more expensive than the standard Teledials, I'm sure it must be possible to achieve the same look as the Cup alloys. The GTA wheels would look good in that colour too :cool:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I need to touch up some minor marks on my teledials. Just wondering if there is a paint code or a name for the specific shade of silver for the standard 17" teledials?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
It won't be a different colour necessarily - it's more likely to be how that colour is applied.

The darker look is usually obtained by spraying hi-power silver over a black primer but not so thick to totally cover it, or you end up with a hi-power silver (aka "satin chrome") finish.

The standard wheels look like regular silver flake paint.

The good news is that you can get the Cup finish pretty easily nowadays..

Go to Wheels Works UK | Alloy Wheel Refinishing. Full factory refurbishment, powder coat, wetspray and custom finishes. (Lepsons also been nominated on here) and ask them for a dark chrome effect... probably circa £50 per wheel if they only have to paint them.. a bit more if you want the odd scrape repaired at the same time.

Ralf S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts