Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any NW meets planned for the Cumbria/ North Lancashire area? Not done any marquee meets since I went back to Alfa ownership, and while I'd love to Liverpool is a pretty long hike from West Cumbria, so was wondering if there is ever anything close to home?

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,447 Posts
Hello and welcome back to Alfa ownership :)

We have ventured out to Cumbria before now, perhaps not as often as we should really. I'll aim to sort something at some point

Our breakfast meet is usually held either in Clitheroe or at Rivington Barn so if Liverpool is too far for you, and I appreciate it is a fair way from Cumbria, keep an eye out for future updates and you're more than welcome to join us :thumbs:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Gaz we seemed to have stopped doing the north west meets in the evening. Now summer is here it would be good to get together with fellow alfisti again. I can arrange something if you want. Ian seems to have disappeared after arranging the get togethers last year. If anybody is interested meeting up in the Preston/Blackburn/Manchester areas leave a reply and we can get an idea of numbers.

·
63,447 Posts
I was only thinking about the evening drive and food meets over the weekend. I think it's time we had one, maybe more

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Lancashire Section of AROC meets at the Royal Oak at Riley Green (near Hoghton, not far from M65) on the 2nd Thursday of each month at about 8pm - anyone interested in Alfas is welcome to join us....no hard sell to join the Club.....(for a month or two ;) )

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a few shows up here in the summer so maybe link something around one of those? Mind you Rivington takes me back, originally from St Helens so used get taken up there a lot as a kid, then went to Newcastle for Uni and stayed there for 20 years, then work brought me to Cumbria, so while its still a long drive that might be a start :thumbup:

In the meantime if there's any interest in a Run through the Lakes say starting in Penrith and working down to Kendal or visa versa??? Did it a few times with the Porsche Club and a couple of times with MG, great run down on a good day going via Kirkstone for lunch etc

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've sent a Calendar entry in for the 2nd July with this as a plan.

I guess the only way to gauge interest is to chose a day and see what happens....

Plan would be:

Meet at the Lakeland Car Museum at 10am - Bacon butties are available from the cafe which opens at 10, plus its a good chance for a group photo shoot

From there drive up the left side of Windermere, either up to Hawkshead of cutting across to Far Sawrey, depends on if people want to go round the museum.

Then onto the Windermere car ferry (£4.40 per car), from there drive up through Bowness on the 592, another quick stop at the view point before carrying on up the 592 to Kirkstone Pass, if everyone is happy with a late lunch we can book in with them, it's a small pub so depending on numbers might be an idea.

After that drive down past Brothers Water and along the side of Ullswater, possible stop off to have a walk up to Aira Force waterfall depending on how keen people are lol

After that it's just along to Penrith and we're at the M6

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Sounds good.

S

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be there for that one in August :thumbup:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well after a bit of a scare when the seized water pump sent the cam belt into melt down GT is back on the road, so all good for a week on Sat.

Hopefully there's a few people there, but either way I'll be doing the run lol

Oh and there's Distington vintage rally the day after for anyone in Cumbria at a loose end

·
Registered
291 Posts
back from facebook

Gaz we seemed to have stopped doing the north west meets in the evening. Now summer is here it would be good to get together with fellow alfisti again. I can arrange something if you want. Ian seems to have disappeared after arranging the get togethers last year. If anybody is interested meeting up in the Preston/Blackburn/Manchester areas leave a reply and we can get an idea of numbers.
i think Gaz`s last comment to me was, basically why dont i **** of back to facebook so i did,
Found better things to do with my time at the moment.
But i might be back :shoot:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
The bitter and twisted return :thumbs:

Gaz is on holiday in Cornwall at the minute but I'm sure he'll get back to you.

As I've said previously if you're that interested put yourself forward as a rep and give up as much free time as Gaz has over the years.

Reactions: MalcQV

·
63,447 Posts
i think Gaz`s last comment to me was, basically why dont i **** of back to facebook so i did,
Found better things to do with my time at the moment.
But i might be back :shoot:
Welcome back Ian

As my reply to your assault on a long standing and well respected member is still available for viewing on here, might I suggest a quick recap?

Basically, in case your memory is as selective as it appears, I said to you that there was absolutely no call for saying what you did and in the way it came across. We here in AONW have been overly accommodating of your evening gatherings, myself personally being grateful for other events being held elsewhere across a rather vast region. What wasn't acceptable was having a pop at not only HM, but myself too. You claim I told you to **** off back to Facebook, I prefer to call it treating you the way you treated others and my suggestion of taking your events back to Facebook where everyone appears to brown-nose you was nothing other than an attempt to stop the inane bickering. As I said, you were more than welcome to hold your events here despite an obvious aversion to attending others held in the region organised by others, not to mention the poisonous untruths spouted by yourself at your meets which have resulted in two long standing AONW members - who will remain nameless - expressing their displeasure towards myself personally at meets, obviously not in your presence, despite my attempts to quell the animosity, they had made their minds up and no longer attend my meets

Anyway, I sense I may be rambling somewhat. Welcome back anyway ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts