Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought the CTSAR01A that is complete with cradle and facia surround. However the inside dimensions of the surround are smaller than a standard double DIN opening. It seems odd as the Chinese unit I have bought will fit the steel adaptor cradle but the CTSAR01 plastic surround inside dimension is smaller than the after market Chinese head unit and smaller than the dimension of the CTSAR01A cradle opening.

I note that at least one other person has had the same problem so is that a design problem with the adaptor or is there an alternative adaptor facia surround?

I have also posted this in the ICE forum but duplicated here because quite a lot of members don't seem to use that section.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had the same issue and no I couldn't find another adapter. I ended up sanding the inside edge to fit. Made a right hash of one side as I started with a cutting disc on a Dremel but soon realised it was easier with a sanding drum. The Chinese units are just a different size to the alpine/pioneer units. If you bought the same kit I did you will also need to change the wiring harness to get the permanent live in the right place and an aerial lead amplifier to get any sort of radio reception.

Happy with it now though so I guess it was worth the hassle...

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes I installed one of the 'phantom' aerial power adapters. It has improved radio reception but it's still pretty crap! I may have to go through the other post and clean up the aerial base but it did work fine with the Alfa Radio...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts