Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, thinking about purchasing the CSC tail box for my 147 (1.6) ( CSC oval tail box for all TS 16v cars. for Alfa Romeo 147 parts and spares ) as my original box is rusty and looking pretty tacky.

anyone got one of these on their car and can comment?

Also if i am replacing this, would it be worth purchasing and changing the centre section at the same time? ( Twin Spark CSC centre section for Alfa Romeo 147 parts and spares ) but as this will be quite costly to buy both at the same time, i'd rather leave the original if its still decent... any comments or recommendations would be great, as i don't really know a lot about car parts etc !

Thanks ;)

G

·
0 Posts
I had one on my old 147 2.0 TS...looked very good and gave the car a slightly different sound, a bit more of a rumble

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah cool..! a loud rumble or just a noticeable improvement? did you fit it yourself? if so was it easy? if not how much did it cost?

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
ah cool..! a loud rumble or just a noticeable improvement? did you fit it yourself? if so was it easy? if not how much did it cost?
They wasn't on my cars, tahir's GTA now known as 147driver on here and Joe (operationAlfa) on his modded 147 TS.

BTW, the drivers of both cars changed them pronto and it was tahir pointing out the welding to me and Joes car farting up the road :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They wasn't on my cars, tahir's GTA now known as 147driver on here and Joe (operationAlfa) on his modded 147 TS.

BTW, the drivers of both cars changed them pronto and it was tahir pointing out the welding to me and Joes car farting up the road :lol:
sorry mate.. the question was meant for Graham P !

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I had a CSC on my GTA, very boomy at low revs, mine was the older spec and I found it was poor quality, I understand they have changed design over the last couple of years.

G

·
0 Posts
I only bought one really as the original back box was ridiculously ugly on the 147. Certainly wasn't a loud rumble and enhanced the BMC CDA sound I already had nicely. You do get what you pay for but it is a much better alternative to the original. A Supersprint or Ragazzon would be ideal but will cost a fair bit more. I got Kwik Fit to fit it for about £30 from what I remember

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
hence why i have a wizard now :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've had a CSC fitted for over 3 years, had no issue with fitting (except for removing the old box :) ), it sounds fine especially once it's warmed up, not too loud but could be a tad more raspy imho. No visible signs of poor welds before or after fitting and no apparent rust or rot setting in as yet. You watch I'll post this and it'll start blowing !

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Had the quote from EB Spares, £204 all in for the CSC, anybody got any recommendations for backbox for similar price? Don't mind a few quid over

1 - 20 of 20 Posts