Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin of ordering one as my exhaust is rusty and ghey looking:) Anyone have any opinions on this or have another exhaust you would recommend?

The guy i spoke too from EBspares seemed very informative and friendly but he told me that going for a mild steel exhaust would be better than a stainless steel due to cost etc. I've always been told the opposite by friends (i'm a novice when it comes to cars), any views on this?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The CSC is of good quality and well rust proofed. It will last well, and because it is not as brittle as stainless, it has a very good chance of outlasting a cheaper stainless part. I think that is why your friends suggest stainless. I would expect 4-5 years from a CSC from my experience, and because we know it will have a nice pleasing sound on the 147, and will be an excellent fit, why would you consider a stainless job? Remember that it's not just the actual dbA value, but the sound frequency given off. The CSC will be pleasing without being boomy, and will not compromise comfort. It is all about the quality of the sound, and the CSC will deliver.;)

Italian cars need Italian exhausts.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Buy the CSC, I bought mine form E B Spares and I'm glad I did as it performs much better than the standard version and looks far superior.

Trust me you won't look. :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Don't hesitate. Order one now and you could have it on by tomorrow afternoon. Had one on my old 147 and it looked and sound great. The original back boxes are horrific :lol:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Buy it. (You'd think Graham worked there.. don't delay, buy today! :lol:)

Mine is being fitted today. :)

I had one on my old 1.8 156 and it sounded great. :D

You'll pay 3 times more for a stainless steel one and it will make little to no difference mate.

I got mine from EBspares. £160 delivered i think.

S

·
0 Posts
Thinkin of ordering one as my exhaust is rusty and ghey looking:) Anyone have any opinions on this or have another exhaust you would recommend?

The guy i spoke too from EBspares seemed very informative and friendly but he told me that going for a mild steel exhaust would be better than a stainless steel due to cost etc. I've always been told the opposite by friends (i'm a novice when it comes to cars), any views on this?
I was going to get the same as you but I decided to get a backbox from Autodelta that is apparntly the same as Ragazzon. just rebranded!!

Its the best decision I have made, its nice a subtle and you only hear it when you boot it!!

You want any piccies??

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
I was going to get the same as you but I decided to get a backbox from Autodelta that is apparntly the same as Ragazzon. just rebranded!!

Its the best decision I have made, its nice a subtle and you only hear it when you boot it!!

You want any piccies??
Have you got it fitted? I should of taken a look last night. :eek:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
That's AD for you. Bit more pricey.

We can compare next time we meet. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Aye that we can!!

What one you gone for again??
Where is your 147 and what you getting fitted??

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Yup, I'm not going to bother sorting out the suspension until it starts to need replacing. It's perfect at the moment.

Too much body roll though :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts