Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing my standard rust coloured back box with a csc backbox (the black one with the nice shiny oval pipe) and was wondering what benfits there is in doing this apart from the obvious one of not rusting after 5 minutes.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Just do it, i got mine from OperationAlfa on here and i love the sound of it when everythings nice and warm, sounds very sporty. In terms of gain, i aint noticed anything other than I like the press the loud peddle harder and longer:lol:

Be careful when getting it fitted, mine damaged the heatsheild underneath the car and now have to get a replacement as the exhaust is the only thing holding it on and it rattles about.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've got one on my 156, sounds good and in addition it works like a reverse parking sensor !!!, the exhaust note has an audible change when you get about 6 inches away from a wall :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one and as said above, it looks and sounds a lot better

Well worth the £160 :thumbs:
Looks like one will be on order very soon, got £1000 to spend on the car, definates are cambelt,variator,waterpump,front heatshield and spark plugs so plenty of room for csc back box and possibly remap.

And unbelieveably all courtesy of a donation from the mother in law :wow:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
if i can give you a bit of advice, don't bother remapping your 1.6. I've looked heavily into it and its really not worth doing at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts