Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a problem with my cruse control well it doesn't work the light doesn't come on the dash bored like it should, i have only had the car for a week i love it its great.I probably wont use the cruse control it but its nice to know it works.
i have took the steering cover off to the check the wires and they seem fine and the fuse is fine too i just don't know why its not working :(

any ideas?

thanks Chris

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think so i couldn't get it to work since i got the car but its starting to bug me now

·
Registered
609 Posts
My girlfriends GT has a similar issue, it only works half the time. You can turn the stork on, but you get on light on the dash and the CC doesn't work. Then, the next time you're in it all is fine.

Odd, but she doesn't like CC anyway. Although I should get it sorted whilst it's still in warranty.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The stalk itself is about £50 or so depending on which dealer you go to. Sound like the internal switch is knackered or something, you'll probably only sort it out by replacing unfortunately as it'll cost only about a tenner more to replace as to check out on the diagnostics and that probably won't pick it up anyway. :(

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't experienced this problem myself Punt (the one time the cc light went out in my GT, a shut down and re start of the engine cured it), however I have read somewhere on here that the normal cause of CC failure are the switches at the top of the Clutch and Brake pedals. As the CC uses these to over ride automatic control, if they are at fault, the CC will not switch on.

Hoping this helps.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers i will have a look and tell you if its sorted

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
argh i still cant get my gear stick to spring back i have tried everything its starting to tick me off now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts