Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was pulling into an unfamiliar car park in my QV, when I heard a crunch and a scrape. I looked back and there was a small (probably 2ft X 3ft) section of raised kerb, separating two areas. It was dark and I just didn't see it.

I had a look under the car and the only damage I see is this... The metal, holed part of the under tray had been partly ripped back, and there are quite a few scrapes on the exhaust. I looks and feels like superficial scratching of the exhaust and a very slight dent. Cause for concern? I'm 200miles away from home at the mo so can't really check it out properly!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks to be superficial only to the exhaust.

That mesh piece of the under tray however looks toast.
Im sure its fairly simple to replace with something off the shelf rather than an afla part.

D

·
0 Posts
Yes will be fine to drive, just a small knock on the exhaust won't effect anything.

Undertray still looks like its attached by the fixings :thumbs:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Yeah, that (flimsy) metal insert in the tray is done, will definitely need a new one. That I can cope with, just didn't want a hole appearing in my exhaust somewhere due to the damage!

Anyone know where I could get said insert?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I think you will have to buy a new under tray but that is a lot cheaper than a new exhaust system if there is no reason to replace. I dinged my under tray on an Italian chalk road last year and I know it's damaged but no problems on uk roads so I live with it!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im not sure how the metal inset fits/clips/bolts into the under tray, but if the plastic isnt damaged then perhaps a sheet a thin ally, a cereal packet (to make a template), and some cutting & drilling you have you a new one at a fraction of the cost. But hats just me, i like to make things.

or ebay. maybe there is an after market piece. There was for the Mito last time i checked and superior to the OEM part.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recently was having a chat at my local garage about some original Alfa parts and their costs and they happened to mention that the undertray only comes as 1 part/set and costs EUR 250,-

As already suggested before, I would also try to get a hold on some SS mesh and create/mount something yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone know if the generic bucket seats that fit a punto fit a mito too? A lot of the parts are interchangeable that's all, If so would I need to change the runners or leave the standard?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think as it's unlikely there is substantial damage, and shouldn't get worse, I'll keep an eye on it and maybe fabricate something myself when I get the chance!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts