Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Quattroruote has today confirmed this recall:

"The FCA group has recalled around 60,000 Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio globally due to a possible problem that could affect the operation of adaptive cruise control. Part of the models concerned would not have been registered yet: customers who will have to submit their cars to the upgrade operations will be notified directly by the manufacturer.

No reported incidents. The malfunction, brought to light by an employee of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles group during a road test, could inhibit the immediate deactivation of adaptive cruise control in certain road conditions. In very rare cases, there may also be unrequested accelerations: at the moment no accidents have been reported caused by this possible malfunction. The reference concerns some specimens of Giulia produced between 2017 and 2019 and of the Stelvio built between 2018 and 2019. In Italy the cars affected by the recall are about 11,000: in the rest of Europe, in Asia and in Latin America are present a total of about 29,000 units to be updated, while authorized US workshops will have to intervene on 19,000 cars. The manufacturer's service centres will update the cruise control software for free."

No mention of this recall yet appears on the www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk site.

Andy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is booked in for software upgrade next week.. 3 Modules apparently need checking. Seemed to be relative new in at the dealers but they did confirm my car (QF with Adaptive CC) needed looking at..

Seacourt

·
Registered
205 Posts
I didn`t find the specific info, perhaps you guys know if the recall notice is applying to all Giulia`s, QF included?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Recall s about active/adaptive cruise control.
Correct, but are there as many as 60,000 Giulia's and Stelvios with adaptive cruise control?

My suspicion is that all will get the update even, if they are without the ACC option. I haven't got ACC and I haven't received a letter yet. Only time will tell.

Andy

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Still no letter, but my ACC was apparently dealt with when my car was in for a new battery a few weeks ago, without them telling me or listing it in the schedule of works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts