Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. The cruise control on my 2014 1750 Giulietta seems to occasionally not engage. Typical scenario will be; cruise control is turned on all of the time, as in green dial is illuminated on display, but approximately 1 time in 10 when I go to push the lever up to engage, when driving at the correct speeds and all of that, it doesn't. After i turn it off and on again it then works fine, until the next time it decides not to. Anybody else have this random problem? Doesn't seem to be for any particular set of variables, just completely random. I've consulted handbook and seems I'm doing everything right..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Car is a TCT. I don't have anything to plug in and check. Seems strange that as soon as I turn it off and back on again and push the cruise control lever up it engages again. It's almost is a perfect pattern. Will function 9/10 times in a row, then 10/11 it won't, then starts working again after I've turned it off and on.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Happens to me too sometimes. I think it's just that it's bugging out becuase I do something that it doesn't like. Happens like 1/30 times, if that.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I use speed control profusely and never had it not engage.
I tend to hold it for a few seconds.
In the early days too long. Long enough for it to jump in 10 kmh steps.......

What does happen sometimes is that it slows a couple of clicks before engaging and settling at this 2-3 kmh too low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts