Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am about to to purchase an alfa 164 v6 turbo super (1/1994) which i found in Athens and it seems in ottima condizione!!!. The alfa 164 has always been a model and a design i adore although many yaeras have passed since launched. But can i put cruise control on it? I have seen some videos in YOU TUBE (one i think was an official for the 164 super model if i am correct) that show 164 with cruise control unit on it. I think cruise control helps relaxed driving in long distances and since that kind of use - and not abuse - i intend to put in my future 164 turbo v6 super, does anyone think cruise control is possible to be installed as unit in alfa 164 and were could i find such a part?

Thanks, sotbak

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Alfa Romeo mechanic told me that the installation of cruise control unit demands new ABS-ECU unit, so regarding the low value of the model nowdays this kind of installation is against the moto VALUE for MONEY....... does anyone think otherwise?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Sotbak.

For me the 164 is mainly about the driving experience, so until you have purchased the car this part of the ingredient will be missing for you. Fitting of cruise control would for me in the congested and pot hole ridden SE of England be a waste of money and time, there are other areas of maintenance and improvement which these cars benefit from. Having said that, I think the later cars from 93 in V6 24V form did come with the option of cruise control, however I think I have read somewhere that the 2.0 twinsparks did not, so you will need to check which ECU engine management module the v6 2.0 Turbo shares. Why would the ABS ECU need changing?. Buy it, drive it and Enjoy:)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts