Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm trying to retrofit cruise control to my 147 and I've run into an issue.

New stalk is plugged in but not working, plugged in my OBD2 adapter and got the following code:

P0571 Cruise control/Brake Switch A Circuit

I've heard of people having to pull out the push switch for it to work, and I've done this but still no luck.

Do these switches actually fail and will replacing it solve the issue?

Photo's of switch positions attached: https://imgur.com/a/zLhlucc

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
They do fail, but normally activate your brake lights if I recall correctly, so if you have brake lights, that might not necessarily the case.

Have you checked the clutch switch also?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do fail, but normally activate your brake lights if I recall correctly, so if you have brake lights, that might not necessarily the case.

Have you checked the clutch switch also?
Fortunately the brake lights still work. I've checked the clutch switch but that appears to be fine - I'll take the car for a quick spin and see if that's sorted it but I doubt it

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
The brake light switch has two sets of contacts on two different circuits, so it's possible for a faulty switch to still operate the brake lights.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the cruise control is not working again...

I fixed it originally by pulling the switch out with a pair of pliers & resetting the fault code stored in the ECU.

This appears to only have temporarily fixed it, so I've ordered a new brake switch from The Alfa Workshop for £14.

Fingers crossed this works!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts