Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Check the switch on the clutch pedal is in position - if the ECU detects the clutch pedal is down (or the switch has been knocked) it will disable the cruise control.

Little white box, near the pedal shaft - easy to find if you root around in the footwell.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Check the switch on the clutch pedal is in position - if the ECU detects the clutch pedal is down (or the switch has been knocked) it will disable the cruise control.

Little white box, near the pedal shaft - easy to find if you root around in the footwell.
I actually managed to kick mine and disconnect it :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
There are a few threads on how to disconnect and fix this. I did mine not long ago. Only tool you should need is pliers , hopefully not too difficult

S

·
0 Posts
Cruise Only activates when the clutch and brake switches are working properly. They often go bad when the plunger gets whacked too hard, or when tinkered with.

If you have a copy of multiecuscan, that will tell you which is causing the bother. The switches are a 1/4 turn fit into a bracket above the pedals and are bloody tight if never removed before.

New switches are usually not needed, but if they are, they are about £10 from Euro Car Parts or similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts