Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone/can anyone post a pic of their clutch pedal assembly and how the cruise control switch at the top looks. Mine still not working and really don't want to go back to dealer a week in to ownership with a minor irk like this and for them to have car for a day or two. The switch looks all good to me, not banged or knocked, I've unplugged the thing and back in again, but it's not helped. If somebody could post a pic it might shhow me what's wrong with mine. Just to be clear, the indicator stalks turns the green light on the dash, but fails to operate. The fuse looks fine to me - although it's unclear which one is which so I may have looked at the wrong one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So u are driving at certain speed, turn cc knob on and there is a green light on dash, and then you push that knob(switch,stalk, whatever) up and there is nothing?

·
Registered
464 Posts
The clutch switch on my QV was found broken last year during an interim service and first MoT.

Previous to this find the main dealer had twice tried to keep the stainless steel peddle cover on.
So when I give the clutch peddle cover to the other garage for the service & MoT to put back on for the 3rd time, or replace, they told me latter they had found the clutch switch broken off and had replaced it.

Now the green cc light has always come on, the cc responded in its pathetic (lackadaisical) way to changes in speed, both to manual input and to road contours compared to my 156 2.4JTD's cc, that was retro fitted by me.

So my question would be what does this clutch switch actually do?
Is it for the hill holder use perhaps! Because hill holder has always been either brakes On, or brakes straight Off. No warning before releasing the brakes. I tend to stick with old school driving habits, so no real issue.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Is it for the hill holder use perhaps! Because hill holder has always been either brakes On, or brakes straight Off. No warning before releasing the brakes. I tend to stick with old school driving habits, so no real issue.
Press either the brake or clutch pedal will cancel the cruise control.

·
Registered
90 Posts
...the cc responded in its pathetic (lackadaisical) way to changes in speed, both to manual input and to road contours...
Hmmmm, I think I have a different "problem". If I engage the cc and set the speed to, say 140km/h everything is OK. If I touch the brake the cc goes on pause. No issue there. If my speed than drops too much, for instance to 100km/h and I than resume cc, TCT drops to lower gears and car accelerates like its ass is on fire. And it keeps accelerating hard until the set speed is reached. Whitch results in you being first smashed in the seat under hard accelerating, but as the car doesn't slowly stop accelerating when set speed is approching you are than pushed forwoard when the speed is reached. It is kind of unplesant and sometimes I am afraid to resume cc if difference in set and current speed is more than a few km/h. :lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Buy a slower car next time ;)

But on a seriups note that might be a case with tct as with manual it tries to get back to set speed as quick as possible(but no foot down ) but without changing gears so it is not so drastic..

·
Registered
205 Posts
If your car is set to keep a certain speed and you press the clutch, you will lose speed. If the car were unaware of the fact that the gear is no longer connected but detects a drop in speed, then the natural response is to give more gas, resulting in an engine that immediately rushes to the rev limiter.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
the diesels (even tct) are quite sedate to go back to the set speed after a resume. this wasn't the case a few years ago when I worked on pugs, who would go full blast. but full blast isn't very scary in a 1.6 hdi though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts