Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of stalks with cruise - looking to fit it this weekend, but;

1. Do I have to disconnect the battery? I've no satnav code tho I'm not that bothered, I ended up shouting at it in Newcastle on Sunday...

2. Can u still hire steering wheel pullers?

3. The airbag scares me - I need reassurance!

I also have a set of rear blind hooks and a shelf with blind. Be warned, there ARE different colours, mine's a grey shade (P-red with black leather) - the one I bought is beigey coloured - not obvious but side-by-side, the tinted windows make it hard to tell in-situ...

I did me dash lights - all lit up now! I bought a set of white dials I thought I liked but when I fitted em I didn't, plus mileage shown was way over mine and the VDC light came on! Came from a V6 I think, higher red-line too so they are not totally interchangeable. So I robbed the bulbs and stuck em in me old one!

So, cruise, I have the switches on the pedals, haven't checked for the felt covered connector yet, is it not possible to just change the stalk itself?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I recently removed the cc stalk on mine so it's still fresh in the memory

1. Unless you want to risk the airbag going off, you better disconnect the battery.
2. You won't need one. Once all the bolts are off, it will come off with pure elbow grease. Just grip it with both hands and forceably wiggle it free. You'll need a bit of room to do this so move your drivers seat as far back as possible and adjust the steering wheel height to its lowest position.
3. See 1.

Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
and remember what position the s.wheel was on............How do you get to the bolts? Do you just take off the horn alfa badge section?

·
Registered
26 Posts
yup - 3 allen head bolts from the back holding on the airbag/cover and then just unbolt the wheel...i used a puller as it's a tapered shaft so a swine to get off!
Note that at some point the the bolts which hold on the airbag (which you can't see their heads) appear to have changed - on my 52 reg car they are actually T27 Torx - an M4 Hex may work if not too tight, 2 out of 3 in my case, but spun in the bolt head on the 3rd. I was having visions of drilling it out :cry: until I tried the T27 Torx head (even this required an extension bar on the key to generate enough force to loosen it).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts